Page 85 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    No, the reason they're in Quartzsite is to get a good place to park their RV for that goddamned Gemboree that they have every year.
    And cause fuel prices to go up 40¢ a gallon.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

snow has arrived. and the jammer that was tweaked outta his mind finally burned out after 36+ hours

The rain predicted for this afternoon hasn't arrived yet, probably tonight and into tomorrow. I see some blue with green spots to the northwest on radar so the spritz is coming. Then its back in the deep freeze 10-20 degrees so foraging done I'm back in my cave hibernating. As "Jerry" once said; "That's the sto-ry!"
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

It's wet then it's supposed to go cold. Expecting a skating rink.

This is how I remember winter being when i was a youngster. Except back then it usually stayed cold longer and there was more snow. Then everyone got spoiled by all the mild-warm snow and ice free winters we had back to back year after year. A lot of the old time Adirondackers say that winters up there in the mountains were rougher than nowadays. And even some Alaskan's and Yukon'rs are saying the same thing. Of curse one would have to examine the stats to be certain as people don't always remember things exactly as they were. Then again, considering climate change it is possible they are right.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

"This is how I remember winter being when i was a youngster. Except back then it usually stayed cold longer and there was more snow."
    Same here, but not so BLOODY cold. Kids don't mind cold and getting wet BUT if it got as cold as it was a couple of days ago and will be again the day after tomorrow (9-15) we wouldn't have made snow men, we'd BE snowmen!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

+ 12 C and some sun. last year this time it was + 12 C and lotsa snow....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

everything is closed. 15" of snow. below zero. everything is closed. cept for criminals killing each other, nothing will stop that.

Just scored a new 270 year record warm +14.4 C for the Netherlands, most of Europe is like that, so what is that winter thingy you all brag about?

Keep safe now you all hear?
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Went from -9oF (-23oC) a few days ago to 56oF (13oC) (forecasted 42) right now at 7:30AM. A 65 degree difference. The snow is all but gone but it's raining like heck. The birds just woke up and are they excited! HooHaH Kiddies!
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick