Page 84 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    To us Yukoner's and Chechakos that is mild.
    Yeah, well both you and the Chechakos are fucking nuts anyway.

Mother fuck ........ it's 10 degrees out and the overnight low is supposed to be 2.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Yeah, well both you and the Chechakos are fucking nuts anyway.

Mother fuck ........ it's 10 degrees out and the overnight low is supposed to be 2.
    Actually a Cheechako is an old name for a newcomer, a tenderfoot in Northern Alaska and northwestern Canada. Most seasoned old timers would consider 10 degrees to be pretty mild for winter. Heck, 10 degrees is even considered a typical winter temperature in the Adirondacks in upstate New York where you'll often get overnight temperatures of -10 , -20, and lower.

And regardless of how cold it gets one thing for sure. The river near me at my present locale in southeast NY won't freeze because its so damned polluted. At most it will develop a yellow waxy coating over it's surface. Years ago a few cold days and people could ice skate on it. These days you can get a months worth of arctic weather and that river will remain liquid. It's actual name is the "Bronx River". I have dubbed it "the river that cannot freeze".
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-04-2014 at 03:30 AM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

only good thing about this -10 to -20 crap is it will wipe out the bug population. thus making summer a bit more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    only good thing about this -10 to -20 crap is it will wipe out the bug population. thus making summer a bit more enjoyable.
    True. We had a lot the year that temps were in the 40s most of the winter. Up in the Adirondacks where this is the norm, those bugs can't be stopped if there was a nuclear war.

Good news. We bottomed out at -9. Beats -15 anytime. I think.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    True. We had a lot the year that temps were in the 40s most of the winter. Up in the Adirondacks where this is the norm, those bugs can't be stopped if there was a nuclear war.

Good news. We bottomed out at -9. Beats -15 anytime. I think.
    I dread this storm coming in sunday. going to be nothing to do cept sit by the radio... which would be fine cept for the methed out tweaker on a jamming rampage..

Weather Rollercoaster

Always interesting.

Ledyart_CT_JAN2014.jpg

But the most wild, variable weather I experienced was at Holy Loch, Scotland. While waiting in formation (at ease) on the pier for the bus to take us to the airport, we had rain, then warm sun, then a snow squall, then a thunderstorm, cold, fog, back to sun, all within 1 hour.
    Last edited by N1LAF; 01-04-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Eat your heart out:

Attachment 11368
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Eat your heart out:

Attachment 11368
    Too warm for my liking but nice if you are a warm weather type person. Besides, we'll be getting plenty of that type of temperatures in a few months.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Currently here at my house (1239 MST): 64ºF Partly Cloudy.

That is why half of Canada's population is in Yuma and Quartzsite.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Currently here at my house (1239 MST): 64ºF Partly Cloudy.

That is why half of Canada's population is in Yuma and Quartzsite.
    No, the reason they're in Quartzsite is to get a good place to park their RV for that goddamned Gemboree that they have every year.