Page 64 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Hope that it all gets fixed and that things start clearing up. We had a day of rain Sunday, but thankfully not much else for nearly three weeks. We could use some time to dry out here too. The lower tier and this area was just told by Guv. Cuomo that they're getting screwed out of flood aid. It is now being sent to the Capitol district area around Albany, NY instead.

What is there to do in rural NY ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    What is there to do in rural NY ?
    Watch the deer, snakes, possum, woodchucks, buzzards, eagles and the occasional bear. Ham bands (VHF/UHF) are decently active and there is a lot of Railroad activity. Heck, I can hear the Metro North trains blowing their horns from Beacon to Poughkeepsie just with my ears it's so quiet. The elevation is pretty good so I have line of sight to many repeaters although if you have a cell you might want to turn it off. There's no signal here.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Watch the deer, snakes, possum, woodchucks, buzzards, eagles and the occasional bear. Ham bands (VHF/UHF) are decently active and there is a lot of Railroad activity. Heck, I can hear the Metro North trains blowing their horns from Beacon to Poughkeepsie just with my ears it's so quiet. The elevation is pretty good so I have line of sight to many repeaters although if you have a cell you might want to turn it off. There's no signal here.
    A veritable paradise.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

104 F today much moist in the air.
    Warning from Estoflex for us:

A 18Z forecast sounding from the W-Netherlands show more than 2500 J/kg MLCAPE, strongly veered profiles, 25 m/s shear already in the lowest 3 km and a rich helical environment. In case initiation along the coast verifies, expect any storm to reveal explosive development into a mature supercell. Large to very large hail (hail diameter in excess of 5 cm), severe wind gusts and very heavy rainfall amounts likley accompany that activity. Combination of SRH-1 above 200 m^2/s^2 and LCLs around 1 km along the coasts also indicate an enhanced tornado risk in case this activity will be surface-based. CI has to be monitored closely and an upgrade may be needed if confidence in CI has increased.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Once again, the weather here is perfect:

Attachment 10262

You know—as usual.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    104 F today much moist in the air.
    Warning from Estoflex for us:

A 18Z forecast sounding from the W-Netherlands show more than 2500 J/kg MLCAPE, strongly veered profiles, 25 m/s shear already in the lowest 3 km and a rich helical environment. In case initiation along the coast verifies, expect any storm to reveal explosive development into a mature supercell. Large to very large hail (hail diameter in excess of 5 cm), severe wind gusts and very heavy rainfall amounts likley accompany that activity. Combination of SRH-1 above 200 m^2/s^2 and LCLs around 1 km along the coasts also indicate an enhanced tornado risk in case this activity will be surface-based. CI has to be monitored closely and an upgrade may be needed if confidence in CI has increased.
    Hmmm... a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and a Tornado Watch..... Cor, do y'all have weather whackers like we have here in the US??
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Not the way as seen on Discovery with you guy's.
    We get our share of tornado's and waterspouts in Europe, but mostly just a few people from weatherfora will go out in normal cars to followw the thunderstorm to film or photograph it.

Everybody here knows to stay the h*ll out of the way of a tornado....
    Had a serious thunderstorm last week after the last heatwave 2 in a row 12 hours difference, unplugged the antenna's and grounded the inverted L.
    Had quite a lightshow here and some serious thunder in the sky.
    Several people wounded, 3 horses dead, houses on fire, flooding of villages and city's, the usual stuff.
    Cold water from the Atlantic ocean and warm weather don't mix well here in summer.....
    A killer of a thunderstorm went just past our country on the Northsea, clouds were 16 km high ( 10 miles) ...could see the lightning 60 miles away.
    Now some new thunderstorms develop in France and are on their way North to us.
    Time to umplug the antenna's before i go to bed in an hour or 2...

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Hmmm... a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and a Tornado Watch..... Cor, do y'all have weather whackers like we have here in the US??
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Not the way as seen on Discovery with you guy's.
    We get our share of tornado's and waterspouts in Europe, but mostly just a few people from weatherfora will go out in normal cars to followw the thunderstorm to film or photograph it.

Everybody here knows to stay the h*ll out of the way of a tornado....
    Had a serious thunderstorm last week after the last heatwave 2 in a row 12 hours difference, unplugged the antenna's and grounded the inverted L.
    Had quite a lightshow here and some serious thunder in the sky.
    Several people wounded, 3 horses dead, houses on fire, flooding of villages and city's, the usual stuff.
    Cold water from the Atlantic ocean and warm weather don't mix well here in summer.....
    A killer of a thunderstorm went just past our country on the Northsea, clouds were 16 km high ( 10 miles) ...could see the lightning 60 miles away.
    Now some new thunderstorms develop in France and are on their way North to us.
    Time to umplug the antenna's before i go to bed in an hour or 2...
    Stay cool Cor. I've hiked in weather like that. You have to know how to hydrate and you have to know when to stop.

We're about as perfect as you can get right now. We were in the clouds this morning until 11, then it cleared up. Low humitdity, about 10oF below the norm (6oC lower). We're forecast to have a low of 52oF Monday. (11oC)
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

The sun is so hot that I can’t come out of my mancave without a mud hoodie...

Luckily the thunderstorms took the path to Germany and split up to the sea, just had some rain in the night, just hooked up the antenna's again.
    Temp took a nosedive from 100F + to 70 in one hour time yesterday at 17.00 wind changed from South to North West over the sea, cooling things down quick.

Tempered sea climate my *ss.... since july started we had nothing else as heatwaves or close to that, we're above the hot days we normally have in a year and August just started...
    Change in the Jetstream over the years here also changed the normal pattern of nort/south western winds from sea, nor=w in winter we get nort/north eastern winds feeding us with cold Siberian temps, and in summer the same feeding the weather with hot air from France or even the Sahara.

We went to colder winters, more snow, and hotter summers as we used too have.
    Problem is that in summer moist keeps playing a role, so 100+ F is very hot and stifling.
    Luckily to thunderstorms didn't materialise, sun shining now and just a lowly 20C at 09.00 in the morning.