Page 97 of 351 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

The whole of western europe is basking in + 0 temps including Sweden, Finland etc, no winter to be had, just lots of western circulation bringing more rain to the drowned UK and strong wind and gales to us with the odd sunny day like now, temps +8 C, the whole "winter" gave us 3 nights with temps a bit below 0, the rest looks like spring.
    Next 14 day forecast is not else, after that i expect more of the same....
    Last year we had lots of freezing days, 20" snow, and we could skate on our canals and lakes....he only ice now is in the fridge.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

well we got about 10" of snow..

funny part of the night was when some jackass was out driving around in the middle of the snowstorm jamming us.

We've got about 16 - 18" right now with a few more hours of snow and freezing rain. We'll be cold for awhile, then another storm this weekend. The early forecast - which is not set in concrete - is 12-18" from Baltimore MD to NYC and Nassau County, Long Island.

FUN.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

The concrete has been poured all over the TV, it just hasn't set yet. Better get it off before you have a real problem, put it in a tub and stand the weatherman in it. By the weekend he'll be crab food. The LIRR has it's usual problems, service has been suspended on the NEC and the North Jersey Coast Line from Long Branch northward giving Amtrak and NJT fits with ice loading on the overhead catenaries. No mention has been made of Diesel service on the Bay Head Shuttle, Bay Head to Hoboken or non electrified NJT lines. I haven't checked but it's safe to assume information may be had on their web sites.

She got a ticket to ride
    She got a ticket to ri i i i ide
    But she's goin' nowhere
    (And I don't care)
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Forecast:

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

We just get a prolongation of new depressions with storm, rain and too high temperatures.
    W o r s t winter in my life...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I have a feeling that the population in many of those areas will be rising dramatically long about Halloween or so.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

We are having a great winter here. Plenty of snow and sub freezing temps. I am loving it. Just took a 7-8 mile trek through some hard pack snow and ice. I like this weather. I enjoy it.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

-10F (-23C ) with 3' of snow on the ground...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

That winter storm map was copyright 2010 and fits this weekend's forecast. OK, call it climate change, but wasn't 2010 the year of global warming? Hmmm. Another hmmm, "prolongation of new depressions"
    has a double meaning here, weather and "the winter blues". Can't do anything about the weather, but those blues can be chased away in a brightly lit room since they're brought on by low light levels in the gloom of winter. Yep, a population rise around Halloween is pre dick ted since there's nothing else and certainly nothing better to do than provide better home entertainment than a DC to light, QRP to QRO ham shack. Of course snow and subfreezing temperatures is enjoyable, even if you're not surrounded by snow bunnies in bikinis dry snow is easier to deal with than heavy wet slop.

Having spent my life in New Jersey I'm used to this time of year with yo yo weather. It's a bit inconvenient dealing with alternating clear and rainy/snowy days, but as long as I can take advantage of the breaks to run errands it's no tragedy. Tomorrow, Thursday is one of those days I can come out to forage and back to a weekend of hibernation and if the rest of the country should follow Colorado it'll be a higherbernation.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.