Page 9 of 351 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

57º with extreme dense fog in the AM. 52º with heavy rain in the PM. I think I'll go plant some palm trees.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Don't count your chickens yet, tomorrow night gets cold and snow through Sunday, Mother Nature just got a hot flash and she's cranky.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Don't count your chickens yet, tomorrow night gets cold and snow through Sunday, Mother Nature just got a hot flash and she's cranky.
    LOL! Been hearing that one all week. Mother Nature's menopause.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Mother Nature just got a hot flash and she's cranky.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    LOL! Been hearing that one all week. Mother Nature's menopause.
    Mother Nature? Hot flash? Menopause? Could this be the real reason behind global warming?

WV is still getting nailed.
    WOWK 13 NEWS

Bryan Hughes is reporting the following: "Haddad River Front Park in Charleston, WV will be flooded by this afternoon and continue through Friday night."

We'll continue to monitor other rivers as they crest today through Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    WV is still getting nailed.
    It was coming down almost as bad as Sandy last night. 55º right now, plunging to 25º tonight. Well, it's still winter but this letdown is as bad as wife #1.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

I was in Brooklyn earlier this evening and it was very bad. Extremely heavy winds, probably well in excess of 80 or 90 mph with intense blinding rain the likes of which even I have never seen along with strong thunderstorms.. I think the worst is over but Brooklyn is going to get hit hard again when the cold northwest wind starts ushering in the next bout of frigid air. I remember when I lived in Brooklyn, that northwest winter wind was severe. Never felt it that bad anywhere else, even in the far north.
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-31-2013 at 05:36 AM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

That's a big probably, with wind that strong you'd see flying debris. Heh, you've never seen blinding rain like I have, just as I pulled the car off the road I lost ALL visibility like I parked under a waterfall. Poor Brooklyn, they get the worst of everything including tornadoes like this one filmed from Gerritsen Beach.

Hey wait a minute... GERRITSEN Beach??? Not surprisingly across the Belt Parkway is Dead Horse Bay. (;->)
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I like this cold weather. I am enjoying it. I am certainly not looking forward to the hot, humid, sweaty summer that seems to go on forever. I'll take the cold weather over that horrid stuff any day. Now, there was a time in my life that I liked very hot weather. But these days I prefer it cold to hot.

If it doesn;t snow or rain tonight I might even do some barbecuing outside this evening. Barbecuing is another thing I enjoy.
    I love hot weather. I can go to the flying field and fly RC, go to the gun range and shoot, and sit on the deck and drink cold beer. Ahhh..
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    I love hot weather. I can go to the flying field and fly RC, go to the gun range and shoot, and sit on the deck and drink cold beer. Ahhh..
    Four seasons is nice. Missed the snow in Florida. I also like when it gets hot and the women start trying to get cool.

I think we've had about 20" of snow so far this winter. About 17" more than last year, but still much less than normal for around here. So I'm told.
    --Philip K. Dick