Page 98 of 351 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    That winter storm map was copyright 2010 and fits this weekend's forecast. OK, call it climate change, but wasn't 2010 the year of global warming? Hmmm. Another hmmm, "prolongation of new depressions"
    has a double meaning here, weather and "the winter blues". Can't do anything about the weather, but those blues can be chased away in a brightly lit room since they're brought on by low light levels in the gloom of winter
    With me it's just the opposite. I prefer the short days and longer nights. When it's cool and dark I am calm. When the days are long and it's hot I get both depressed and quite irritable.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Kind of cold here, too. Barely made 60°F.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

"When the days are long and it's hot I get both depressed and quite irritable."

Then get an air conditioner.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    "When the days are long and it's hot I get both depressed and quite irritable."

Then get an air conditioner.
    I've got one. On a hot day it will get the inside temp to around 75 degrees which is still too warm IMHO. If I leave it on overnight and the temp at night drops enough it will get the room down to about 68-69 by morning. Now, if it could get me down to 68 or so during the day I'd be happy. getting a larget unit isnt going to get the room much cooler either. Ity would simply waste energy. The only real way to get it cooler on very hot days would be to design your how along the lines of a cold storage warehouse.... with about 2 feet of insulation along the walls , floors, and ceilings and removing all windows.

Besides, air conditioners don't make the day's shorter. But at least it makes it a bit cooler.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Well there you go, stop thinking and start working. Then replace the AC with a refrigeration unit and you can enjoy Yukon winters, -30 degrees should make you happy, and without windows there are NO days. Eh, wait 'till you move there and build your dream shack, then you can have Yukon winter all year round!

Back to the subject, KILL ALL GROUNDHOGS! The little bastards, no matter WHAT they predicted winter just won't go away! Next year it's squirrels, they have nuts, groundhogs ARE nuts.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

They took the bad storm away this weekend, now they giveth back with one they're saying is going to be big... but will not forecast accumulations. Grrr...
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    They took the bad storm away this weekend, now they giveth back with one they're saying is going to be big... but will not forecast accumulations. Grrr...
    Keep an eye as to what happens down here and multiply by 10. They claim the SHEET sleet, snow, and ice are going to be a doozy. Starting after midnight tonight and going until Thursday. We're doomed. LOL
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Keep an eye as to what happens down here and multiply by 10. They claim the SHEET sleet, snow, and ice are going to be a doozy. Starting after midnight tonight and going until Thursday. We're doomed. LOL
    I can send you an extra pair of drawers if it would help. I think the whole family would fit in them.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I can send you an extra pair of drawers if it would help. I think the whole family would fit in them.
    You need to find the next PROUD owned of the Island National Flag.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    You need to find the next PROUD owned of the Island National Flag.

That's not a bad idea. Those should travel. I could put wheels on them. Big wheels.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL