Page 95 of 351 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Yep, Cor, we're dropping from 37ºF (3ºC) this afternoon to 6ºF (-14ºC) by morning. Already down to 24 (-4ºC) here.

Just for 2 days tho. The last one ended today, the next one begins tomorrow. The last one didn't get anywhere near as cold as the first cold wave. We hit -11ºF (-24ºC) with 45MPH (72 Km) winds during that one.
    Last edited by N2NH; 01-27-2014 at 07:20 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Dang, you guy's have all the fun this winter...
    Sunny here + 4 C and the whole winter i saw the thermometer drop below 0 just once, no snow no ice nothing, just an extended autumn....
    Next days might give some frost then back to 5 to 9 C for the next few weeks...
    If you guy's get the polar vortex breathing down on you we get a western circulation with storms, warmer temps and more rain ( like we need that....):roll:
    Though we don't have the flooding problems the UK has though, i'm getting fed up with this winter as we could call it that....
    Keep warm and safe there please....
    Last edited by PA5COR; 01-28-2014 at 05:15 AM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Forum Addict
    Flurries are just starting to come down, forecast is calling for 1-3 inches.

COME AT ME BRO
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Your temps for the 5th of February
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

2-3 inches of snow here.

It will be 65F Saturday.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    2-3 inches of snow here.

It will be 65F Saturday.
    Well, you can always stay inside and play with your.............................beanie baby.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

We got some snow overnight but I'm not going out with my ruler to measure it. Since it's 14F/-10C as of noon today and not going anywhere up near freezing until Friday when the expected high is 40F/4C that's the day I'll come out of hibernation and go foraging.

This thread is the internet version of ham radio to a T. It never fails, sooner or later stations talk about the weather.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Freezing all daay now, just a few days expected, now at 18.00 hours it is - 3.5 C going down to - 9 C this night.
    Thinking about to put the heating on, just a few oillamps on, still 20.3 C in the room, so i think i'll pass putting the heating on.
    Have enough kerosene to get by for 2 years, so lets burn some of that....;)
    Last edited by PA5COR; 01-29-2014 at 04:59 PM.

We could see the clouds from that coastal storm that Warren, NYC and Long Island got. Parts of the eastern end of Long Island got a foot. Dodged a bullet, it was cold (8ºF) but sunny and surprisingly tolerable.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Where you are the humidity is much lower, around here the damp goes right through and chills to the bone. Summer reverses temperature but not humidity... ugh.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.