Page 348 of 351 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    It was hot a week ago, then just like that fall fell. Trees are turning and the air has that changed feel. Could be a factor of latitude
    This week is supposed to get down to the mid 80's then by Friday or Saturday back up in the mid 90's.
    I'm sure that will be a nice start for September.

Normal weather for the time of the year, sunny day 20 C few clouds, we had more of our share of rain for August ....
    Last edited by PA5COR; 08-28-2023 at 02:19 AM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Not exactly weather, exactly, but in honor of last night’s full blue “super moon” I feel that I must say: Bomp ma ba bomp a bomp a bomp bomp bompa bomp bomp a dang a dang dang a ding a dong ding blue moon.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

What's the almanac say for this Winter? For my area, the SE, I pretty much agree. I can't speak to other areas which I do not have a "feel" for.
    Chime in with your opinions for your areas and your ... "feels."

Region 1: Northeast — “The snowiest stretches occur in mid-to late November, mid-December and early to mid-January,” the Almanac says. Overall, the temps appear to be tracking above normal, with chilly spurts in mid- to late November, early to mid-January, and early to mid-February.

Region 2: Atlantic Corridor — Snowfall is expected to be 2 to 3 inches above monthly averages, with the snowiest parts of the season at the tail end of December, late January, and mid-February. Temperatures should be above normal, except for a cold spell from late January to the middle of February.

Region 3: Appalachians — You may notice above-normal overall precipitation and snowfall, however. As far as the mercury levels, they are on track to be just below average.

Region 4: Southeast — While it’s unlikely to be a white Christmas, it might be a wet one, folks! Overall precipitation rates seem higher than usual, as do temps, which are expected to be mild and slightly above normal.

Region 5: Florida — Wet and mild rules the day for most of the state (except the dryer south). Snowbirds will be happy to hear that Florida’s winter temps are anticipated to be milder than usual this year.

Region 6: Lower Lakes — North of I-90, Santa might bring you a white Christmas! Beyond that, the snowy, colder-than-average periods are expected for late January through mid-February.

Region 7: Ohio Valley — With a wetter and colder than usual winter on the horizon, residents can look forward to a snowy week around Hanukkah and Christmas. “The coldest spells will occur in late December, early January, and late January through mid-February,” the authors say.

Region 8: Deep South — Get your rain boots ready; you’ll need them for much of the wet and mild yet colder-than-common season. The chilliest times are forecasted for late December, early and late January, as well as early February.

Region 9: Upper Midwest — Go ahead and start dreaming of a white Christmas, because the authors claim that this is one of the few regions that is expected to entirely be treated to a fluffy, white gift on December 25. Winter temps are anticipated to be below normal, especially during the second half of November, the majority of December, the start and end of January, and early February. Snowfall is also expected to be above normal rates.

Region 10: Heartland — Keep that scarf handy. The forecast for this region includes colder than normal climate. You can also anticipate a white Christmas, with winter’s snowy peak from late December to mid-January.

Region 11: Texas-Oklahoma — With just a bit more precipitation and temps leaning ever so colder in the north but warmer in the south, conditions are looking about on par for the course in these states.

Region 12: High Plains — Precipitation and snowfall will be a bit higher than most years, and “it will be extra cold,” the Almanac explains, with the glacial temps foreshadowed for late November, late December, and early to mid-January.

Region 13: Intermountain — Who’s ready for some soup? Temps are prophesied to be an estimated 4° F below average, and “we’re looking at above-normal snowfall. The snowiest periods will be in mid- to late November, early and late January, and mid-February,” the authors claim. “Expect a white Christmas!”

Region 14: Desert Southwest — In parts of this region that typically receive snow, folks can await more flakes than normal, with the snowiest times during the second half of January and mid-February. Temps will be cooler than usual, especially in late November, at the start and end of December, and throughout late January.

Region 15: Pacific Northwest — Although this region is known for its frequently dreary conditions, residents can look forward to a colder yet drier-than-normal winter. The coldest weeks will fall in mid-November, late December, and mid-January.

Region 16: Pacific Southwest — It’s going to be a wet, stormy, and cold season, with the most precip predicted during early and late January, early to mid-February, and mid-March.

Region 17: Alaska — With a white Christmas and snowier-than-usual season ahead, you may guess that it will also be a frigid season. But the Almanac claims that temps should be about 4° F above average.

Region 18: Hawaii — Rainy and mild is the M.O. for the islands, the Almanac predicts. “Expect the stormiest periods in early November in the east and early January and mid-February.”

Not a bad guess on the Pacific Southwest since there’s an strong El Niño forming right now. That generally (but not always) leads to a wet winter in central to southern California. Typically not a cold one, though.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Sitting here in 87 F or 30.4 C i cannot say what winter will be, if the past 15 years are a guideline, i bet it is a prolonged Autumn, rain, cold, almost no frost just depressing weather.
    Nothing to look forward to.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Region 15 - not too far off, unfortunately. Fall is underway here in CN86jc, started a week ago in earnest.

66°, partly cloudy
    Last edited by WZ7U; 09-07-2023 at 02:07 PM.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

38ºF (3.3ºC) this morning and expected for tomorrow morning. Rest of the week the lows should spurt back up. to the low 60's (15-21ºC).

Las relative warm week ahead 20 C daytime, around 14 C nights dry first, later more rain showers possible, temps going back to 14 C daytime.
    Winter comes though last 10 winters were more prolongated autumns.
    Which is good for a low heating bill....

Rain is forecast in the high 70 percent for tomorrow. The sun has checked back out for warmer climes it seems after today. Glad I got the majority of the "do in the dry" stuff done. I'll wing the rest of it.

Except for a couple weeks worth of record heat, this was a very pleasant summer here in CN86jc this last year.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful