Page 334 of 351 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

About 70 at 11:25 am and we're supposed to approach 80 with thunder storms. Made a couple of 10m contacts into Wales earlier.
    Weekend is supposed to drop into the below freezing range but first, Tropical Rains all week!
    That's fine. I should really cut the grass but the wet won't give me a chance so might as well freeze off some of that new growth. Freeze some of those fresh fire ants too.
    BTW, fire ant killer is bad for everyone and everything. People and pets. Might as well turn your yard into an EPA Superfund site.

Good old fashioned fire works, doesn't it?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Sunny, no wind, 8 to 12 C today yeah!!!
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Wet soggy. 60º, overcast. The feeling is quite the contrast from yesterday.
    Yesterday the pollen was flowing and by late evening I realized it was time to start my morning local honey regimen.
    Oh and I think it's also time to look into eye wash.

March 13th was very cold early. 18ºF (-7.8ºC)
    March 14th low: 28ºF (-2.2ºC)
    March 15th low: 39ºF (3.89ºC)
    Currently at 2:37 AM EDT it is 53ºF and expecting a low of 49ºF with a high of 56ºF and between .75" to 1" of rain for Wednesday.
    10m DX has been, interesting.

Extreme sunny March till now, today sunny, 14 to 19 C some sahara sand on it's way looks to stay sunny and nice till the end of next week.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

May Day, 1 May is a day we can all dance around the may pole and celebrate the demise of Old Man Winter. I'm not folnd of cold at all, and this rollercoaster weather drives me nuts not knowing WHAT to expect. That having been said, Charles, you being our barman should have quite a collection of beer cans by now. Forget recycling, there's no money in it compared to what you can get by saving turning your yard and those of grateful neighbors int EPA Superfund sites that will never get cleaned up. Tremley Point, Linden, N.J. has been on the list for decades after being abandoned by American Cyanamid. Afriend who worked there reported men working in the dye room peed colors. https://darrp.noaa.gov/hazardous-was...rican-cyanamid
    Rant mode off.

Here's the best way to rid the area of fire ants and make money doing it, first it requires a small investment in a furnace and crucible to melt down those beer cans and aluminium scrap, tongs, welder's gloves, and safety equipment like an apron and face shield in case of spattering. You can read directions on the Internet, You Tube has some great videos, soon you'll be casting fire ant colonies like the pros and selling the casts as art.

Oh, while you're immolating ants I'll be watching some really great ant movies in my video library like Phase IV, Empire Of The Ants, my favorite, Them! and an episode of The Outer Limits, The Zanti Misfits. Now be careful when you're building the small dam around the colony entrance, these are NOT the kind you would want for ants in your pants!

fire ant colony cast.jpg Zanti.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Sunny, 14 C light breeze, did the other vertical Diamond X 510N with teflon coax as C and tested it, good, so it is now spare.

Cloudy skies, a little rain and a little thunder earlier. Just kind of wet now and 56ºF (13.3ºC).
    Pretty much stayed in the mid to upper 50's all day.
    Before the thunder rolled I was listening to American and European 10m DX.

Rainy and cool all day yesterday but it’s supposed to hit the low eighties by Wednesday.

Spring WX in SoCal is bizarre.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.