Page 23 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Um, soot and dirt fallout from the rainstorm, water on rubber carpeting combined with the heating system (which was actually better on the older buses) and the fogged up windows. Usually the other passengers have good hygiene or else you will get sick to your stomach from the putrid wet human smell while being held captive to your destination.

Nice old bus. I used to race one of those on XBOX. Burn Out 3: Takedown. 80 hours in three weeks and I realized I was wasting my time. I was fun making the bus jump and trying to create a massive damage assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Nice old bus. I used to race one of those on XBOX. Burn Out 3: Takedown.
    I used to drive one IRL. Too slow to be much fun.

As of 4pm, it was 78º in Key West FL.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Nice old bus. I used to race one of those on XBOX. Burn Out 3: Takedown. 80 hours in three weeks and I realized I was wasting my time. I was fun making the bus jump and trying to create a massive damage assessment.
    I used to ride those to Macy*s from Times Square. 1/2 mile took at least an hour in those days. They were really comfortable, but in summer with no air conditioning, they were really hot.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

The best part was a carboned up Diesel engine and an exhaust under the rear bumper. When the driver hit the accelerator if you were in the car behind you'd sit there choking until the air cleared enough to see where you were going.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

- 5C here, sunny weather.
    The wadden islands 30 miles above me had 4 inches snow and with the gale force wind snowbanks of 20" were reported on the Islands.

Southern Netherlands, Belgium, Northern France see a blizzard pass by giving 4 to 20" snow with gale force wind, lots of people stranded in their cars, stuck in the snow, in freezing temperatures.
    Belgium reported about 1000 miles of traffic jam, and people are called up to help stranded automobilists.

It has not been this cold sinc 1929 on the 11th of march, here i'm looking at another freezing day and no temps above 0.
    No snow though, just bitterly cold with the wind blowing from the North East.
    Germany also reports lots of snow and problems with the traffic as does Luxembourgh.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    - 5C here, sunny weather.
    The wadden islands 30 miles above me had 4 inches snow and with the gale force wind snowbanks of 20" were reported on the Islands.

Southern Netherlands, Belgium, Northern France see a blizzard pass by giving 4 to 20" snow with gale force wind, lots of people stranded in their cars, stuck in the snow, in freezing temperatures.
    Belgium reported about 1000 miles of traffic jam, and people are called up to help stranded automobilists.

It has not been this cold sinc 1929 on the 11th of march, here i'm looking at another freezing day and no temps above 0.
    No snow though, just bitterly cold with the wind blowing from the North East.
    Germany also reports lots of snow and problems with the traffic as does Luxembourgh.

That is cold. I wonder if it is tied to the Gulf Stream?

We're 53ºF (12ºC) with rain showers. About where we should be a month from now. Hope it clears to I can get a look at Comet Pan-STARRS this evening.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

That is cold. I wonder if it is tied to the Gulf Stream?

We're 53ºF (12ºC) with rain showers. About where we should be a month from now. Hope it clears to I can get a look at Comet Pan-STARRS this evening.
    We had some weird winters the last few years in a row, coldr, more wet = snow and weird summers too.
    Since the ice at the Northpole is dwindling fast we see changes in the Jetstream and in the development of the high and low pressure area's that linger longer as ever before, bringing wet summers to the UK and the EU, the jetstream is slowing down and meandering more, bringing in winter more cold from the north as it does now, the splitting of the cold on the Northpole by pools of warmer weather brought storms there that made the ice even disappear more and faster and splitting the cold bubble on the northpole brought some more cold down here.

Snow and frost isn't uncommon here in March, but seldom enough to let yesterday be the coldest and snowiest day since 1928, today will be another day without teemperatures above 0 ( half past 1 here and still - 2 C) so another new record with the blizzard over Germany, Blgium South Netherlands UK and France.
    Just 4 days ago it was 18 C here sunny and almost summer like.
    We had 5 different cold spells here from December 3rd till now, all from weird unusual behavior of the Northpole weather according the weather buffs.

That forced unusual cold and wet weather down here, giving lots of snow, and freezing cold, far above the normal winter temps.
    Normally we see the cold come over Germany from Russia but this and the last winters it dropped from the northpole directly south over Sweden etc, shorter rounte, more cold and moree over the sea, so picking up lots of moist from the sea.
    The normal pattern is over the land and it can be quite cold ( last year -28C in some places) but always dry air.
    With the normal pattern we just get snow when the winter starts and ends, or an attack comes from the Northsea on the cold weather.

The blizzard now is just such an attempt of an depression that comes from the UK over the North sea headbutting the cold air that dropped down from the northpole.
    Good for lots of moist and force 7 gales from the north east always good for some road chaos and snowbanks...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    The best part was a carboned up Diesel engine and an exhaust under the rear bumper. When the driver hit the accelerator if you were in the car behind you'd sit there choking until the air cleared enough to see where you were going.
    I think almost all of these were gone in NYC by the time I was 14. There might've been a few in Brooklyn or The Bronx, but not where I went to. They were pretty comfortable unless you had to stand. They even had the leather straps for straphangers (a dead term).
    --Philip K. Dick

I think almost all of these were gone in NYC by the time I was 14. There might've been a few in Brooklyn or The Bronx, but not where I went to. They were pretty comfortable unless you had to stand. They even had the leather straps for straphangers (a dead term).
    And here I aways though straphangers were tits.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL