Page 233 of 351 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

85 degree days. 65 degree nights. Still warm for us for this time of year. Growing up here, we were wearing at least a jacket by now. I remember many years where September was filled with long cold rains and while leaves are starting to drop off a little, they are either green or brown.
    Of note, June July was very dry and very hot. August was very wet and more temperate until the last week when it became hot and humid and mosquito friendly.
    Humidity is so low now that the water in the cat bowls dries up immediately. That for me is a single day.

Sunny day, 18.1 C max, nights getting colder now 8.9 C cooling by the cloudless nights.
    At 53 degrees ( a bit above New York) not too bad for Autumn.

We didn't have any winter last 4 ones, just one or 2 nights with a bit of frost, we'll see how this one goes.
    Can't be lucky all the time, in my younger years i saw temps as low as -20 to -25 C here, but that is history....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Sunny day, 18.1 C max, nights getting colder now 8.9 C cooling by the cloudless nights.
    At 53 degrees ( a bit above New York) not too bad for Autumn.

We didn't have any winter last 4 ones, just one or 2 nights with a bit of frost, we'll see how this one goes.
    Can't be lucky all the time, in my younger years i saw temps as low as -20 to -25 C here, but that is history....
    If it keeps up like this, I suspect we won't have a real Winter except for a sort time during Jan/Feb. Something might get everyone in the mood though for a week during December.

80 degree Novembers have happened but only for a day or two at a time. If I were to predict I'd say that this year November will feel more like Septembers of my childhood.

At 64 i've seen some changes as well, warmer all the time, the North sea water at our coast is hottest in August, this year September added even more heat and now September is the new "hottest North Sea water month" ....

Records of warm days seem to come every day, rainfall in August/September very low, North pole ice 2nd lowest ever since 2012 record low, jetstream slowing and more meandering keeping weather systems locked longer, see last winters USA/ Europe.

Oh well, enjoying the sunny day bit windy from the east ( Siberian) wind blowing cold to here, just 15 C.
    I don't mind mild winters, they keep the heating bill low ;)
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Conch Master
    I survived a Cat 1. A weeks worth of preparing for Hurricane Matthew and a tense windy rainy night and it's done. Got a little clean up to do. My neighbors dock ended up on my beach.

Note to self: Don't neglect the generator, wife gets very cranky without electricity.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Getting nippy here, sun with now and then shower of rain, 13 C, if that goes on with the cold nights of 3 C then i might consider to light the pilot flame of the gas heaters here.... not yet though, still 19 C in the house.

Expecting the first 50 degree night. Break out the heat.

In the 90s F inland today but nice here on the water.

(BTW, as I type this, my feet are below sea level.)
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Sunny start of the Monday mrning, cold night at 3.9 C expecting 13 to 14 C here, staying the same rest of the week.
    Easterly wind, Siberian blowing over europe to us.

Low 60's here in sw OK. Heading for upper 70's to lower 80's. Sunny with a light thin layer of clouds. Gonna be a great day!