Page 219 of 351 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Damn, had a hell of a storm go through here a little earlier today. Over an inch of rain in under 20 minutes. Needless to say, most of the driveway is near Gila Bend on its way to Yuma. We need the rain, but get little benefit from a high hard quickie like that. It sure did cool off big time. Kind of reminds me of San Diego, and there are a lot of Arizona assholes on the roads around here, too, just like SD. Who Gnu?
    I remember on afternoon a severe thunderstorm, with golf ball hail and possible tornado hit us head on. Some people claim they saw a funnel but the rain was so hard that it was rain wrapped and difficult to tell if they were seeing an actual tornado or an area of extremely heavy hail and wind swept rain. Sticking my head out the door felt like you would drown as sheets of heavy wind swept rain and hail would slam you head on as if coming from all directions. It lasted about 15 minutes but in that time enough water fell from the sky to flood major roadways and flood out sections of the local railroad. About 1.5 inches of rain in 15 - 20 mins.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Yeah, that's what the NWS is saying and I'm jiggy widdat. It's been hot as hell here lately, new October records every day for the last four days.
    Yeah, we've been breaking records all over, too. The bastids on the global warming are cumming all over themselves and shouting "I TOLD YOU SO".

Oh, I see I forgot to post the nunbrellas..........here ya go

nunbrella.jpg

Either the sun is hitting the one on the far right in such a way that hers looks white, or she's one of those NUNrebels you hear so much about.
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 10-13-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I remember on afternoon a severe thunderstorm, with golf ball hail and possible tornado hit us head on. Some people claim they saw a funnel but the rain was so hard that it was rain wrapped and difficult to tell if they were seeing an actual tornado or an area of extremely heavy hail and wind swept rain. Sticking my head out the door felt like you would drown as sheets of heavy wind swept rain and hail would slam you head on as if coming from all directions. It lasted about 15 minutes but in that time enough water fell from the sky to flood major roadways and flood out sections of the local railroad. About 1.5 inches of rain in 15 - 20 mins.
    Golf ball + hail pounding down on yer head? Well, that right there explains a lot. :stickpoke:
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Golf ball + hail pounding down on yer head? Well, that right there explains a lot. :stickpoke:
    He has been known to state on this very message board that he has paid $2000 for a pen.

I know it sounds funny but I was careful to shield myself from the impact of the hailstones.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    He has been known to state on this very message board that he has paid $2000 for a pen.
    And why not ? For a fine quality hand made fountain pen ? Sometimes owning and appreciating some of the finer things in life requires a great expenditure of money. I felt that if I am going to have at least one really fine pen in my collection I might as well shoot for one of the best. For fine quality a steep price is often worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    And why not ? For a fine quality hand made fountain pen ? Sometimes owning and appreciating some of the finer things in life requires a great expenditure of money. I felt that if I am going to have at least one really fine pen in my collection I might as well shoot for one of the best. For fine quality a steep price is often worth it.
    I was thinking perhaps you got hit, in the past, by one of those hail stones. As you drew your head back in from the window you suddenly said to yourself, "I'm going to penisland.com."

The last couple of days we have been holding at 21 degrees,record high temperatures around here for October! .......el nino seems to be well established
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

We got 1.13" (28.7mm) of rain out of the storm that just passed through, mostly overnight. Some pretty spectacular electrical displays as well and it was the first time the 1" capacity inner measuring tube on my rain gauge overflowed into the outer container before i could check it and dump it out.

While that might not sound like a lot of rain to most of you, keep in mind that it's over 10% of the normal annual rainfall for this area.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-04-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.