Page 216 of 351 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Despite being in the midst of one of the worst droughts ever, this year San Diego County received the largest amount of summer rainfall on record—3" (76mm). The previous record was 2.13" (54mm) in 1977.

Typically, this area receives less than 1" (25mm) of rainfall in the period between the summer solstice and the autumnal equinox.
    Yeah I heard you guys had a real doucher.

Friends just North and Northeast of me, stay safe. Double-decker wham bam rain set up that gets worse as it travels NE. Double barrel feed from the Gulf and the Atlantic with a squeezing effect added in from the Midwest for the next couple of days followed by another heavy system out of the Atlantic that looks like it will take a hard turn North and enter Virginia from the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Friends just North and Northeast of me, stay safe. Double-decker wham bam rain set up that gets worse as it travels NE. Double barrel feed from the Gulf and the Atlantic with a squeezing effect added in from the Midwest for the next couple of days followed by another heavy system out of the Atlantic that looks like it will take a hard turn North and enter Virginia from the bottom.
    That tunnel area, along with VA Beach in general, is one of the most vulnerable locations for a bad storm or hurricane anywhere along the east coast. I would not want to be in that area when crap hits the fan..
    WVM
    Kilo Zero West Virginia Mountaineer

Chad Eagle
    Ogden, UT
    Montani Semper Liberi - "Mountaineers Are Always Free"
    June 20, 1863

That is all!

Quote Originally Posted by KØWVM View Post
    That tunnel area, along with VA Beach in general, is one of the most vulnerable locations for a bad storm or hurricane anywhere along the east coast. I would not want to be in that area when crap hits the fan..
    There was tidal flooding in Hampton Roads area several days last week when we were in Kill Devil Hills due to the excessive rainfall. The lower tidewater is saturated now, more rain is going to cause huge problems.

Obviously, we need to accelerate our release of carbon into the atmosphere. If we're going to commit suicide, let's make it quick and painless.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    There was tidal flooding in Hampton Roads area several days last week when we were in Kill Devil Hills due to the excessive rainfall. The lower tidewater is saturated now, more rain is going to cause huge problems.

Obviously, we need to accelerate our release of carbon into the atmosphere. If we're going to commit suicide, let's make it quick and painless.
    Don't worry. James Inhofe already informed the nation that there is no climate change because God won't let it happen.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

There is a lot of coastal flood watches out for this area, esp sections of NYC, Long Island, areas along Long Island Sound. I live far enough inland for coastal flooding to not be a problem for me. For instance when Hurricane Sandy hit a while back my area was mostly affected by heavy damaging winds but no flooding. We did get some good rainfall out of this system of weather. We really needed the rain badly since it was very dry here just about all summer. This was one of the first summers living in this area without any thunderstorms. I saw nary a flash of lightning or a clap of thunder over this area all summer. Very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    ...and you do like it cold. You'd like it in Barrow and with a KL7 callsign everybody would consider you DX. Think of the possibilities!
    Barrow is a pretty cool place to live...LOL.

We find ourselves in a no win scenario. The forecast for central Virginia is 5-7 inches of rain, starting tomorrow evening, from the nor'easter, then nobody seems to know what the idiot hurricane will do. Many models have it coming right up the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. That has the potential to be catastrophic. Our worst case scenario here in Richmond is for it to cross the outer banks. The last hurricane to actually hit Richmond was Isabel, and that was the path it took.

Of course, Virginia Beach and the mouth of the bay are barely 100 miles away. We're in deep doo-doo here...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Conch Master
    My wife and I are in our new house on Albemarle Sound. We are going to spend our first hurricane watching out the back window to see how high the Sound gets . I went to the local hardware store to pick up blue tarps, plywood and Duct tape. Even tested the generator. I also picked up plastic pipe to extend the gutters away from the house. Hopefully it will drain the rain away from the house and keep the crawl space dry.
    Last edited by KK4AMI; 09-30-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Stay safe you guys and do whatever it takes.