Page 204 of 351 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Staying cold here so far.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Supposed to begin raining here in the late afternoon or early evening and rain right on through Tuesday. Highs will be in the low sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Supposed to begin raining here in the late afternoon or early evening and rain right on through Tuesday. Highs will be in the low sixties.
    And then it then moves on to us. Been a little rainier than past years here, but it's a dry rain.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Roads have been insane here, they iced up more than usual in the Front Range. Many here in CO think it's OK to use all season tires. No, not when it turns to ice. Stay off the roads if you slide and/or can't handle a skidding vehicle. Get some decent tires if you have to drive in true winter conditions, no matter what.

For instance, the "studly" and "siped" winter tires on my 'lil Integra beater commuter:

tire.jpg
    Last edited by WØTKX; 02-27-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Huh. I tried doing that to my tires, but after I pounded in the first rivet, the tire went flat. Who Gnu?

Such a stud.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Still cold here in Ohio. I am finding Honda transmissions seem to have issues when it is cold.
    "Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by N8XE View Post
    Still cold here in Ohio. I am finding Honda transmissions seem to have issues when it is cold.
    Especially when it's absolute zero.

Man-o-man. It's been raining like a cow standing on a flat roof for the last several days. The snow in the upper elevations will be good for spring run off, and this storm looks like it will bring some very good ski conditions for our friends in Colorado. I think the Pope has been receiving some of this holy water from hell, too. I like the rain, but with all we've gotten in the last month or so, the weeds and wild growth will become a real fire hazard this summer. I expect this will be one of Arizona's worse fire seasons in some time. It has also caused a delay on tiling the kitchen. I've only got a few hours left to go, but can't put the saw out and make all the cuts needed.

Maybe a little cw is in order.........
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 03-02-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Man-o-man. It's been raining like a cow standing on a flat roof for the last several days. I think the Pope has been receiving some of this holy water from hell, too. I like the rain, but with all we've gotten in the last month or so, the weeds and wild growth will become a real fire hazard this summer.
    Yeah, most definitely. Haven't had a chance to get out to the rain gauge yet (no fancy-ass remote reading gauge here, just a clear plastic tube with a decimal inch scale screen printed on the side) but I know it has to have rained close to two inches over the duration of the storm. That's a lot of water out of a single storm in this semi-arid part of the world.