Page 192 of 351 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Parked up in Grand Island NE. Roads are sheet ice, 40mph crosswinds from north. Temps around 10f. no salters seen for 150 miles. Multiple bigrig wrecks.

Think this storm caught nebraska by surprise!! LOL. I certainly wasnt expecting it to be this bad here!

Quote Originally Posted by AF5TY View Post
    Parked up in Grand Island NE.
    You at the Bosselman Truck Stop? If you have to get stuck, that's not a bad place have it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    You at the Bosselman Truck Stop? If you have to get stuck, that's not a bad place have it happen.

Is Trixie still working the place?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Is Trixie still working the place?
    Not this time of year. Too cold out there in Nebraska in February.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 02-01-2015 at 08:19 PM.

no. Literally couldn't make it that far. Kept sliding off to the shoulder with the wind pushing me like i was on skates. Ran the rumble strips for last 3 miles to stay on the road!

Parked at ex305 across street from T/A. Couldn't even get into the T/A as it was packed. Got the last space in this little convenience store.

I try not to give that truckstop any business anymore anyway. They got bought out by pilot. Prices on everything including the restaurant went up 30% just because. So i avoid those bosselmans at all cost for my personal spending. My company has me fueling there occasionally but thats all i do. They get no $$$ outta my pocket lol

Quote Originally Posted by AF5TY View Post
    I try not to give that truckstop any business anymore anyway. They got bought out by pilot.
    Oh, man, that sucks—last of the really nice independent truck stops. I was there shortly after it opened and it was blown away by how much better it was than the usual Pilot or T/A.

Oh, man, that sucks—last of the really nice independent truck stops. I was there shortly after it opened and it was blown away by how much better it was than the usual Pilot or T/A.
    They wrecked ALL the Bosselmans. Pretty much every truckstop they take over they wreck it. The unusual thing though is they left the Grandma Max restaurant intact in most of them. They just rammed the prices outta site in it.

Usually the first thing to go is the sit down restaurant and they jam a subway or Wendy's or other FF joint in there. Or they turn it into a flying J and stuff a Dennys in there which is just FF with waitress service.

Soo many of the good stops are gone anymore. Makes me kinda pissed.

Had 14 inches of snow here yesterday. It is -11f here at 5am, yes Minus 11f.

ugh the furnace keeps kicking on. I have the thermometer set for 67f inside.

Woke up at 3:30am I was chilly it was 66f and the furnace had just kicked on.

73 K2HAT Lee.
    Last edited by K2HAT; 02-03-2015 at 05:32 AM.

We dodged a 1-ft bullet last Sunday and Monday, but Ma Nature appears to be reloading the weather gun just in time for the weekend. :(
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

At least you have winter and snow and stuff.
    Our "winter"here till now is another bummer like last year, when we had no frost no snow no hail whatever.
    At least we hhad a few nights below 0C now and some flurry's of snow or hail that lasted on the street for all of a few hours...
    Yuck let summer get here soon...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution