Page 183 of 351 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Yes it would. In fact, if we got that much rain in a short amount of time, my place would end up somewhere in Mexico.
    Bitch.....I don't want you as my neighbour.....you'd keep bogartin' the joints!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Bitch.....I don't want you as my neighbour.....you'd keep bogartin' the joints!
    YOU KNOW that if you were my neighbor, I would definitely share with you. In fact, the NWS would be reporting continuous heavy fog (hemp smoke) in the neighborhood.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Master Navigator
    I've never seen it rain anywhere as hard as it rains in Vancouver, BC. Like a million cows peeing on a flat rock at the same time. I remember stepping out of building when the rain first started, and by the time I made it to the curb, the gutters were bank full! I grew up near the 'rainforest' where the redwoods grow in California, too. The Coast Range in Central Cal is composed mostly of sand. I was there when a whole 'mountain' got so waterlogged it collapsed, burying a small town. http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/gen...-more-homeless

Back here, we sometimes get a foot in a day, which results in a massive flood, usually of the 'flash' variety. I only saw one of those in California. We were camped in the mountains on the Mokelumne River, when a cloudburst caused a small dam upstream to break. Fortunately, our vehicle and tent were about 6 feet above the now raging river that had been a gentle stream minutes before, and the road didn't get washed out. That was the fastest teardown of a camp on record, though.

I remember the January 1982 storm. I was living in San Mateo County at the time, working a job where I was on the road for most of the day and there were a lot of places I couldn't get to for a long time afterwards.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

The storm that just finished up with us as viewed from NASA's GOES-West satellite.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

This is interesting. It rained over night and into the morning, then cleared with a few clouds here and there just like the NWS said it would. I've been working in the attic for several hours, and hear all this rumbling going on. I come down, and it's like midnight out, thunder, lightning, and raining like a cow standing on a flat roof. It's 63 degrees out, and it's almost worth pulling out my bicycle to go riding in the rain like I did as a kid. Almost..........Besides, I can't find any cards to put in the spokes.

St Augustine FL : 75 sunny today, had the AC on.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

50°F (10°C) and raining here.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    50°F (10°C) and raining here.
    Same exact temp and condx here at the moment.

40 degrees and a very light mist. Expecting rain later today at home in Oklahoma