Page 172 of 351 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Last year we got better than 40 feet. Drifts piled up to rooftop level. Complete whiteout conditions as extremely heavy snow was blown horizontally by 80+ mph winds. Lots of nearby lightning strikes and heavy thunder during a couple of the storms.
    :-P I'd move. Time will tell. I'm pretty sure we'll get snow, but it looks as if it will still be pretty warm. Like Charles, we got to 70ºF/21ºC in town today.

6-10 inches (15-25cm) of the white stuff forecasted for here Wednesday night. We might not be in Lake Effect territory like our fellow New Yorkers in Buffalo, but we still get quite a bit of snow.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Yall gonna get alotta snow up there.

Meanwhile, while Da Pope, El Ratón, Black Widder, Adam and I watch all the sunshine....we don't have to shovel jack shit!!!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Meanwhile, while Da Pope, El Ratón, Black Widder, Adam and I watch all the sunshine....we don't have to shovel jack shit!!!
    Don't forget WB5YDK. They don't get a lot of snow down there in Guadalajara.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Yah, but we don't get sandstorms either. I do admit I like it hot. Makes for some great sightseeing.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    :-P I'd move. Time will tell. I'm pretty sure we'll get snow, but it looks as if it will still be pretty warm. Like Charles, we got to 70ºF/21ºC in town today.

6-10 inches (15-25cm) of the white stuff forecasted for here Wednesday night. We might not be in Lake Effect territory like our fellow New Yorkers in Buffalo, but we still get quite a bit of snow.
    It was near 80 here today. I went from running heat to running the air conditioning in a matter of hours.. It's going to be quite warm here for the next several days. Climate change, it ain't happenin. Just ask James inhofe or the nearest republican.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Went to work in tee shirt and shorts yesterday. WX guy calling for 1-3" of snow tomorrow. WTF? over.

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    Went to work in tee shirt and shorts yesterday. WX guy calling for 1-3" of snow tomorrow. WTF? over.
    Look how you get to change your wardrobe up everyday. Ya, it looks like we are going to get 5 inches Weds and Thurs. That might screw up our Thanksgiving dinner plans. My Inlaws are a bit skittish about driving in snow. Oh well, more turkey for me!
    Last edited by KK4AMI; 11-25-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

The NWS is predicting a high of 83°F (28°C) here for T-day.

A big, wet storm is predicted to hit next week, which is good. With the exception of one rather weak storm a couple of weeks ago, we haven't had significant rainfall since last April.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-25-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Don't forget WB5YDK. They don't get a lot of snow down there in Guadalajara.
    It last snowed here almost seventeen years ago, in Dec. 1997. The trees and cars were dusted with snow. Many streets are lined with trees, and the cold/snow caused their uppermost leaves to turn brown. It was the first snow in 116 years.

It's supposed to reach 78F/26C today, so throw away those Green Cards and move on down! :)

Matt
    Last edited by XE1/N5AL; 11-25-2014 at 03:39 PM.