Page 167 of 351 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    Meanwhile here is typical SAN DIEGO WINTER WEATHER!
    Huh. That cars front left tire looks a little low.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    Meanwhile here is typical SAN DIEGO WINTER WEATHER!
    They're all out of your range...
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Today's NWS forecast discussion says that large-scale winter weather conditions for North America will begin to set up by the 18th of this month. They're predicting that storms out of the Gulf of Alaska will start hitting the west coast after that.
    That means that this will be a very very mild winter. Anytime the gales of arctic aire hit the nor'east early comes a mild spring -like winter come December-January.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

This is Coney Island in January. The Polar Bear Club takes their dip there...

Last edited by N2NH; 11-11-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

It occurs to me, that one way to stop this global warming thingy, is to quit putting heaters in automobiles. Just imagine how many BTUs of heat are wasted into the environment during winter in places like Minnesota.

I just don't understand why none of these scientist want to speak with me and get some of my views on how to fix things.

I think I'll give Olga Konstantinovna Kurylenko a call and see if she wants to go out for some barbecue.

Damn cold last night (got down to -5 C).....been that way most of the week under totally clear skies.....It's supposed to warm up next week to seasonal temperatures..... :-|
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for this area tomorrow afternoon—gusts up to 65mph (105kph). Probably won't see that right where I am but, none the less, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to slacken up my last remaining tree-supported dipole a bit.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

We're going to get SNOW Sunday night into Monday night. One model shows 2-4 inches and the other says 4-6 inches, which means we get a foot more likely. TOO DAMN EARLY for this shit...........
    [SIGPIC] 73

We got a dusting here, nothing like what I saw on the news west of the Appalachian Mtns. Cold? Yep, 22ºF/-5ºC by 7AM but nothing that doesn't happen every winter here. Having suffered thru 10 out of 11 cold, snowy or cold and snowy winters here since 2002, I can sympathize with those who are already getting dumped on. Here's hoping it all moderates and stays on the warm side the rest of this fall and winter.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

We're getting a dusting right now, but it's real dust. It's been windy as hell today.