Page 165 of 351 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Porches?...... oh yeah, we have porches in Canada.....we are a sophisticated culture in fact
    They invented poutine, snow machines and fistfights on ice. What more proof of sophistication do you need?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It appears the pineapple express bomb finally got us this morning! .......7 am woke up 40 millimeters of rain that hit us in 12 hours it cleared up a bit and watched the temperature climb to 18 degrees C around noon and then the 90 kilometer per hour winds hit for a couple hours and lost power for 6 hours.....the Cowichan Valley here on Vancouver Island(Duncan is in the middle of the valley) was the hardest hit on the coast.We took a little damage and a person was hurt around the corner from me when a Douglas fir tree fell on his car.....a fair bit of damage to power lines and a few trees fell on houses.They clocked some winds on the west coast of the island at 110-120 Kph...... yikes! Its looking to be a fairly consistent pattern for the upcoming rumoured El Nino event! :-|
    Sounds like a williwaw!!! Round here the issue is mainly nor'easters now and through the next several months. Lots of damage hs happened here from th past two nor'easters we had back to back. Checking the weather maps there is a lot of cold air in the arctic just waiting to start pouring down. Will be interesting to see how much of it makes it's way down here this season.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    They invented poutine, snow machines and fistfights on ice. What more proof of sophistication do you need?
    I'd love to get a snow machine. Unfortunately we don't get enough snow around here to justify it. For the 2-3 months of winter we get around here (sometimes without snow) a snow machine would end up sitting on wooden blocks 90% of the time. Most pof the time when we do get snow the streets are plowed and salted within hours. It's sort of like our snow thrower. Some winters we need to use it frequently Some winters we need it only once or twice or not at all. The snow machine will have to wait till I move north. And who knows, with climate change the north may be tropical by then.
    Last edited by n2ize; 11-07-2014 at 03:41 AM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I'd love to get a snow machine.
    You can't have the snow machine without the poutine and the fistfights on ice. It's a package deal.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    You can't have the snow machine without the poutine and the fistfights on ice. It's a package deal.
    And the bacon, don't forget the round bacon.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    And the bacon, don't forget the round bacon.
    Eddie and Bob with the bizarre round bacon fetish......fascinating :shock:
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Eddie and Bob with the bizarre round bacon fetish......fascinating :shock:
    Scary..............isn't it. You have to admit, Bob or I aren't just a run-of-the-mill pig-in-a-poke.

Zambonis rule
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

This weather statement came through this morning courtesy of our weather office:

5:01 AM PST Saturday 08 November 2014
    Special weather statement in effect for:

• East Vancouver Island

A major change in the weather pattern will begin on Monday.
    A shift in the flow pattern will occur Monday following the passage of a moist and unseasonably mild Pacific frontal system this weekend. A cold Arctic ridge of high pressure building over the BC Interior will cause strong northeasterly outflow winds to develop through the mainland valleys on Monday. Consequently, temperatures will lower to about 5 degrees below seasonal normals by Tuesday with freezing temperatures expected for several nights.
    The public is advised to monitor future forecasts and warnings as warnings may be required or extended.

Please monitor the latest forecasts and warnings from Environment Canada at www.weatheroffice.gc.ca.

It's most interesting as this NOT an El Nino type effect at all! ........more of a La Nina pattern..... but it got down to about 2 degrees C last night and a nice fog layer to wake up to this morning!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

This weather statement came through this morning courtesy of our weather office:

5:01 AM PST Saturday 08 November 2014
    Special weather statement in effect for:

• East Vancouver Island

A major change in the weather pattern will begin on Monday.
    A shift in the flow pattern will occur Monday following the passage of a moist and unseasonably mild Pacific frontal system this weekend. A cold Arctic ridge of high pressure building over the BC Interior will cause strong northeasterly outflow winds to develop through the mainland valleys on Monday. Consequently, temperatures will lower to about 5 degrees below seasonal normals by Tuesday with freezing temperatures expected for several nights.
    The public is advised to monitor future forecasts and warnings as warnings may be required or extended.

Please monitor the latest forecasts and warnings from Environment Canada at www.weatheroffice.gc.ca.

It's most interesting as this NOT an El Nino type effect at all! ........more of a La Nina pattern..... but it got down to about 2 degrees C last night and a nice fog layer to wake up to this morning!
    You better cover your grapes. You don't want them to freeze.