Page 161 of 351 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Damn.... she is getting cool there.....the northern parts of B.C.and Alberta are getting cold weather with the snow that goes with it......here on Vancouver Island it appears the predictions of this being an El Nino winter is coming true,it's one of the warmest Autumns we've ever had,and nowhere near freezing.....lots of rain which is great,the Cowichan River was in serious trouble with low water levels for the fall salmon run.The leftovers of hurricane Ana did drop about 100 mm of rain on us.......

If the El Nino thing does pan out for the winter,if my memory serves correctly, it could spell a real rainy season pattern for California and the major part of the U.S. Southwest! I think Carl and Eddie should be happy! .....if you hate the rain,my apologies......
    Well, we're forecast to get snow tonight after midnight (33ºF/1ºC), so the seasons are changing quickly here. At least the North wind is tolerable right now.

Good luck to Eddie, Carl and everyone in the Southwest. With El-Niño you guys would have a chance to make up a bit of the deficit. Maybe not all of it, but a fair amount.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    We had the first rain of the season last night. Not much, only .6" (15mm) but we'll take whatever we can get.
    15mm? Was the rise of the ocean any threat to the in-landers?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    15mm? Was the rise of the ocean any threat to the in-landers?
    We upped the rent on the duplex since it's now oceanfront property.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    We upped the rent on the duplex since it's now oceanfront property.
    I guess you should add "must be able to swim" to the all encompassing rental ad.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I guess you should add "must be able to swim" to the all encompassing rental ad.
    You have to love that "truth in advertising" sort of thing
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Master Navigator
    For the past few days, I've been staying at another house I have in Puerto Vallarta. It's hot here: low 90's during the day. Back home in Guadalajara, 150 miles eastward and a mile high in elevation, the daytime temps are only in the upper 70's.

Too dank cold here in Georgia. 33 degrees right now and supposed to drop a few before dawn
    I will be glad to be going home from work soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Too dank cold here in Georgia. 33 degrees right now and supposed to drop a few before dawn
    I will be glad to be going home from work soon.
    Worse than we got. It only got to 37 with rain but no snow. Yet. They were talking about the 'fact' that Halloween in NYC has never had any snow.

When I was a kid (way back before the invention of the wheel), we had two. One was a trace of snow and a couple of years later, we got 4". I never forgot how cold those costumes were in the snow and how my sneakers were sliding all over the place. The earliest snow was in Mid-October but it didn't actually stick. So, as of late, the weather is what they say it is, rather than whatever it is.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Another extreme storm here yesterday, as bad or worst than the one we had last week. Apart from Sandy 2 years ago these last 2 storms were the worst to strike here since Sandy. Torrential rain blown by extremely high winds (60 - 90 mph), trees down and power out everywhere. These are two severe storms back to back. And they say global warming ain't real...Hardy Har Har...

Only good part is that the storm passing has ushered in some cooler air so it finally feels like autumn. Indoor humidity is down to 35% and with the window open just a couple inches it's a comfortable 60 deg F in my office.

Winds are still blowing like a banshee out there. I would say at least 50 - 70 mph gusts.
    Last edited by n2ize; 11-02-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.