Page 160 of 351 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Telescope weather!

Astronomy is my most challenging hobby. I have a small, but decent telescope, and I'm like a bumbling idiot with it.
    I like it but I can't stand straining through a peep hole. Thus, in the past, I rolled cardboard tubes to mount a small camera.

Big front off the CA coast tonight. Hopefully the first of many of hopefully a very wet rainy season.
    73 to all!
    Joshua, KD6NIG
    22 year NCT (Licenced 08 Sept 1992)
    Less than a year NCG (Upgraded July, 2014)
    22+ years licensed.

Insert witty and creative sigfile stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Telescope weather!

Astronomy is my most challenging hobby. I have a small, but decent telescope, and I'm like a bumbling idiot with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    As well as without it....:stickpoke:
    Well, there's that, too...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by kd6nig View Post
    Big front off the CA coast tonight. Hopefully the first of many of hopefully a very wet rainy season.
    I sure hope so. Rain predicted all the way down here, even.

Attachment 13306
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I hope rain never is the headline here. Cold, was this morning though.

We were between 26ºF/-3ºC and 28ºF/-2ºC on the mountain here (hill to those of youse who live west of the Mississippi River). That's about 10ºF/6ºC colder than was predicted for this area last night. Clear blue skies with the last of the trees turning Orange. Most are bare of leaves already.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post

Attachment 13306

When you're done with it, send what's left this way. Thank you for your support.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    I hope rain never is the headline here. Cold, was this morning though.

We were between 26ºF/-3ºC and 28ºF/-2ºC on the mountain here (hill to those of youse who live west of the Mississippi River). That's about 10ºF/6ºC colder than was predicted for this area last night. Clear blue skies with the last of the trees turning Orange. Most are bare of leaves already.
    Damn.... she is getting cool there.....the northern parts of B.C.and Alberta are getting cold weather with the snow that goes with it......here on Vancouver Island it appears the predictions of this being an El Nino winter is coming true,it's one of the warmest Autumns we've ever had,and nowhere near freezing.....lots of rain which is great,the Cowichan River was in serious trouble with low water levels for the fall salmon run.The leftovers of hurricane Ana did drop about 100 mm of rain on us.......

If the El Nino thing does pan out for the winter,if my memory serves correctly, it could spell a real rainy season pattern for California and the major part of the U.S. Southwest! I think Carl and Eddie should be happy! .....if you hate the rain,my apologies......
    Last edited by VE7DCW; 10-31-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Damn.... she is getting cool there.....the northern parts of B.C.and Alberta are getting cold weather with the snow that goes with it......here on Vancouver Island it appears the predictions of this being an El Nino winter is coming true,it's one of the warmest Autumns we've ever had,and nowhere near freezing.....lots of rain which is great,the Cowichan River was in serious trouble with low water levels for the fall salmon run.The leftovers of hurricane Ana did drop about 100 mm of rain on us.......

If the El Nino thing does pan out for the winter,if my memory serves correctly, it could spell a real rainy season pattern for California and the major part of the U.S. Southwest! I think Carl and Eddie should be happy! .....if you hate the rain,my apologies......
    If there is an el' nino they aren't anticipating it to be nearly as strong as they were earlier on. It may just be a fizzle.

Barrow Alaska is seeing temps in the single digits so the cold air is in place in the arctic, all it has to do is start pumping southward. Aside from the severe nor'easter that hit a few days ago it;s pretty normal for this time here. Mostly overcast with daytime temps in the low to mid 50's and nigts with temps in the upper 40's to 40's. Very typical fall for Southeast NY. Cold or freezing weather usually doesn't hit us till late November or December. Usually after Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by n2ize; 10-31-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I like it but I can't stand straining through a peep hole. Thus, in the past, I rolled cardboard tubes to mount a small camera.
    I like rolling tubes, too.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

We had the first rain of the season last night. Not much, only .6" (15mm) but we'll take whatever we can get.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.