Page 148 of 351 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    First snow last night. :monkeydance:
    Awesome !!!!
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

The weather has finally taken a change for the better round here. It's only 50 degrees outside at 11:38 am. I have the windows open and it's a comfortable 65 deg inside. Air conditioners are off, fans off, nice northwesterly wind ushering in cooler air. No high heat, no high humidity, most comfort I have felt in months.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    First snow last night. :monkeydance:
    We're catching up to you. It was in the mid to upper 40s here last night. Another 15 degrees and we would've had a hard frost. Leaves are now falling all over the area. No red or orange, just turning brown and hitting the ground. C'mon El Niño.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

So the only color is in your avatar, false advertizing is illegal. Just cold here, when we eventually get color it'll be just the usual dull orange and brown... bleh. When the frost is on the pumpkin 'tis the time for Dicky Duncan.

Well, Tommy the Yo Yo Man doesn't rhyme and Smothers Brothers branded yo-yos by companies such as Hummingbird, Playmaxx and Tom Kuhn really louses it up.

Hey, what's with the board making the image so small you can't read the balloons?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 09-14-2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: image screwed up
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    We're catching up to you. It was in the mid to upper 40s here last night. Another 15 degrees and we would've had a hard frost. Leaves are now falling all over the area. No red or orange, just turning brown and hitting the ground. C'mon El Niño.
    Actually the el nino doesn't guarantee you a mild spring-like winter in the northeast. There are a lot of other factors involved such as the NAO. I remember several winters we've had in the past where there was no el nino and it was very mild and a few where we had an el nino and it was very cold. One thing the el nino does tend to do is pump up more moisture. So of we end up getting a cold winter it is possible we might see even higher snow amounts and more major snowstorms than last year. If the winter tends to the milder side we may see a lot more rain, sleet, wet snow, frozen slush and ice. By sometime in late February or March 2015 we'll know for sure how it turned out. The primary area that is most affected by a strong el nino is on the West Coast as it tends to bring in more moisture which eventually falls as rain. Right now they need it to mitigate drought conditions. Unfortunately for the folks out west that need the rain it seems less probable that there will be a strong el-nino, or perhaps any el-nino this fall/winter than it did earlier in the season.

As for me today is the first day the air conditioning didn't have to run all day. It kicked on only once or twice for about 5 minutes. And the less the air conditioner runs the slower the electric meter spins, and the lower is my bill at the end of the month and the less money I fork over to Con Ed the better I feel. :)

"By sometime in late February or March 2015 we'll know for sure how it turned out."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtx4ZJ1cwI0
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    "By sometime in late February or March 2015 we'll know for sure how it turned out."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtx4ZJ1cwI0
    In the meantime can you rig me up a gas air conditioner ?

Hottest September 14th on record here today.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Today September 14th it was 26 degrees and sunny not a cloud in the sky! ....... the el nino forecast seems to be coming to pass for this part of Canada.....we are a full 10 degrees above normal for temperature and dry as hell....although signs are showing it will change by Thursday....... that will be getting close to the official first day of fall..... :chin:
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Today September 14th it was 26 degrees and sunny not a cloud in the sky! ....... the el nino forecast seems to be coming to pass for this part of Canada.....we are a full 10 degrees above normal for temperature and dry as hell....although signs are showing it will change by Thursday....... that will be getting close to the official first day of fall..... :chin:
    Actually it was cooler here in NY this morning than up in Whitehorse YT.