Page 146 of 351 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Ya still above the water line, Eddie????
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Ya still above the water line, Eddie????
    We sure are, Kevin. Actually, the storms we had a couple of weeks ago were way worse. We were pretty well stuck from going out of the area for a half a day or so. We only got around 3 inches over last night and this morning. The one a couple of weeks ago we got that much in just over an hour and a half or so.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    We learned well from our training on sinking ships.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    How's the Papal weather? Carl?
    Meh. Hot, overcast and humid thanks to Norbert but no precip west of the mountains.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Whiney bitch
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

I got 1.78" at the Casa de Shady....but just up the road they got ~4". Fortunately, it hit Phoenix early enough so PHX-Tucson commuters got turned around/didn't leave home...I heard I 10 was a clusterfuck and a half at the I-8/I-10 split...as they were routing truck traffic into the truck stops. Tucson didn't get off easy, either. 2 fatalities due to cars being swept into washes. And then this....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Yes...a city bus driver driving into a flowing intersection...in full view of media cameras!!! You know that driver doesn't have a job (and HOPEFULLY has a revoked CDL) tonight. Fortunately, no one injured in that stunt.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    I got 1.78" at the Casa de Shady....but just up the road they got ~4". Fortunately, it hit Phoenix early enough so PHX-Tucson commuters got turned around/didn't leave home...I heard I 10 was a clusterfuck and a half at the I-8/I-10 split...as they were routing truck traffic into the truck stops. Tucson didn't get off easy, either. 2 fatalities due to cars being swept into washes. And then this....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Yes...a city bus driver driving into a flowing intersection...in full view of media cameras!!! You know that driver doesn't have a job (and HOPEFULLY has a revoked CDL) tonight. Fortunately, no one injured in that stunt.

I wonder if he got hit with the "stupid motorist law"? The fine/bill can be in excess of $2000. And rightfully so.

What are do you live in, Kevin? Are you near any of the Wong farms?

Aridzona looks really swamped on the evening news.

Leaves are still falling here. Dunno, but that's usually the sign of a cold winter... Lows are in the low 50s, high today in the valley was 68.

EDIT:
    Alex and I spent a good bit of time putting out fires on Monday. A website called Empire News, that puts out satirical news stories, put out a winter outlook calling for 5 to 10 times as much snow as last year. Poughkeepsie had 59 inches of snow last winter… so based on the article, they were projecting somewhere between 300 and 600 inches of snow for the coming winter… which would mean that we’d need to track down Jake Gyllenhaal and Dennis Quaid…

The Day After Tomorrow

So we had a little fun with that… seeing how their winter forecast was effectively calling for the Hudson Valley to experience it’s next ice age. But we wanted to squash the rumors and fears quickly… because it was very easy to think it was a legitimate winter forecast. With social media being what it is… things get out of control in a hurry… and by mid day on Monday, many readers were sweating bullets.
    If nothing else, this article made fans want the HVW winter forecast even more. Alex and I will be putting together the HVW winter outlook as soon as we can. We had originally it targeted for late September / early October… but with numerous dramatic outlooks being put forward so early, by everyone from internet websites to The Farmer’s Almanac, we’re going to try and get it out sooner. We appreciate your patience… and while we don’t want to give much away… the terms “mild” and “warm” likely won’t be part of it.
    From Hudson Valley Weather...
    Last edited by N2NH; 09-09-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick