Page 135 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by N2NKW View Post
    Silt CO has 90 and showers coming thru. Almost done work and taking tomorrow off in Mesa CO. Hopin i get some monsoon rain today and tomorrow
    I love to stream fish in that kind of weather.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I love to stream fish in that kind of weather.
    You couldn't have fished that today. Silt is just past the end of Glenwood Canyon. If you had tried, you would have gotten paddled and not in a fun sensuous way...lol. That canyon is about 20 miles end to end. You could have walked the center of the river end to end and not gotten your feet wet! There must have been 200 river rafts on that water. All blue and yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Is that common with el Niño?
    No, an El Niño has little effect on summer weather in Southern California. The big high pressure area that typically settles in for the summer months overpowers the more subtle effects of the ocean warming. What we have here today is the result of monsoonal moisture coming up from tropical Mexico.

BTW, we did get a little rain, but not enough to measure with my primitive rain gauge.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 07-25-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    No, an El Niño has little effect on summer weather in Southern California. The big high pressure area that typically settles in for the summer months overpowers the more subtle effects of the ocean warming. What we have here today is the result of monsoonal moisture coming up from tropical Mexico.

BTW, we did get a little rain, but not enough to measure with my primitive rain gauge.
    The soup can and popsicle stick?

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    The soup can and popsicle stick?
    Two components? That makes it more sophisticated than mine, which is a clear plastic tube with a decimal inch scale printed on the side.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Two components? That makes it more sophisticated than mine, which is a clear plastic tube with a decimal inch scale printed on the side.
    Actually, I just use a paper towel with a rock on the corner it. Still two components, huh?

It's been "cool" for summer here for the past couple of weeks or so. A few hot/humid days sandwiched in here and there but highs have been mostly in the 70's to low 80's and nights down in the low 60's. In fact right now its cloudy and only 66. So, so far so good. Very little of that blazing hot 90's - 100 degrees crap. Already its clearly noticeable that the days are getting shorter and the angle of the sun is changing. But, we still have at least a month to go before it's over but right now we are heading towards third and getting ready to round third and head for the final stretch home..
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Why would anyone want to head towards turd?

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Pretty average Summer. A little cooler at night than I remember. Most nights I turn the fan away from me while I sleep this season.

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Why would anyone want to head towards turd?

Don't forget that John's from Noo Yawk. You should have said "Why would anyone want to head towards thoid?"

And, yes, I can assure you that he really does talk that way; we once had conversation via Echolink.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.