Page 132 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Rather pleasant here lately. Summers on the Islets of Langerhans can be hot, but it's been relatively mild so far.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Wish it were hot here. Only hit 90F (33C) for the first time a few days ago. Now the weather service is predicting that overnight temperatures will be near or at record lows thanks to ... the Polar Vortex. The temps are supposed to get down to 50F or 10C. This is turning out to be the summer that sucks.
    Good. I hope the polar vortex stays with us all summer and through the rest of the year. Anything to cool things down even a little bit is welcome. It's been hot and humid as hell here. The cooler the better. We are already almost halfway through July. Not much longer to go before the days start getting shorter and cooler. I won't miss summer when its over.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Today, in my location,we hit a new record high temperature ever!! ......... we hit a bloody high 36 degrees Celsius!!!(that's 96.8 degrees Fahrenheit for those not used to that form of measurement) other parts of the province of British Columbia hit record highs of 40 degrees!! ....... in those places they have never seen it that warm!
    Environment Canada says we've passed the peak high temperatures for this current warm spell but we will continue to be 5 to 10 degrees above average for the rest of this week....... damn..... it's almost like what those climatologists were suggesting: It's almost like we are slowly going tropical or at least Mediterranean.....
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Today, in my location,we hit a new record high temperature ever!! ......... we hit a bloody high 36 degrees Celsius!!!(that's 96.8 degrees Fahrenheit for those not used to that form of measurement) other parts of the province of British Columbia hit record highs of 40 degrees!! ....... in those places they have never seen it that warm!
    Environment Canada says we've passed the peak high temperatures for this current warm spell but we will continue to be 5 to 10 degrees above average for the rest of this week....... damn..... it's almost like what those climatologists were suggesting: It's almost like we are slowly going tropical or at least Mediterranean.....
    That's beginning to sound like a heck of an El Nino event. I like warm weather. Watch the women dress in skimpy clothes while they get crazier by the day. Great entertainment considering they're usually the ones driving us crazy. That was the one great thing about Florida. The women were insane there. Nothing like a decent heat wave to stir the pot. And with the weather getting warmer every year... ;)
    Last edited by N2NH; 07-14-2014 at 03:42 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Well, in the midst of all this heat it will be refreshing to know that Barrow Alaska is a comfortable 32 deg Fahrenheit today and will reach a high of 35 deg F. Of course this is normal of Barrow AK at this time of the year. Canadian Yukon territory is a bit milder at 55 deg F in Whitehorse. Good to know there is some cool air on the planet. Wish I was up there for the summer instead of down here in this infernal hot & humid hell hole.

That's beginning to sound like a heck of an El Nino event. I like warm weather. Watch the women dress in skimpy clothes while they get crazier by the day. Great entertainment considering they're usually the ones driving us crazy. That was the one great thing about Florida. The women were insane there. Nothing like a decent heat wave to stir the pot. And with the weather getting warmer every year... ;)
    That's about the ONLY thing I can think of that summer is good for,

3 Small Tornadoes

That's what the locals tell me. We went to town and the cabbies, who drive everywhere within about 100 miles, told us we had 3 likely tornadoes yesterday into early this morning (unconfirmed but from what the road crews are saying). Some are still without power, trees are down and crews are scurrying from one area to another making repairs. A tree fell down while we were out and crews were re-opening the road when we returned. One small tornado went north of here, maybe a mile away, two to the south. Thankfully there are no reports of anyone being killed or injured. There are a number of houses and cars damaged though.

Hope they get NOAA to look at it so they can get help for those affected.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Back just 22 C which is normal here close to the sea, going back up to 32 C in the weekend....
    Cooling down the inside of the house now open windows, doors etc...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Trace of rain here over the past half-hour. Very uncommon here in July.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

That's what the locals tell me. We went to town and the cabbies, who drive everywhere within about 100 miles, told us we had 3 likely tornadoes yesterday into early this morning (unconfirmed but from what the road crews are saying). Some are still without power, trees are down and crews are scurrying from one area to another making repairs. A tree fell down while we were out and crews were re-opening the road when we returned. One small tornado went north of here, maybe a mile away, two to the south. Thankfully there are no reports of anyone being killed or injured. There are a number of houses and cars damaged though.

Hope they get NOAA to look at it so they can get help for those affected.
    Typical summer. Wouldn't be surprised. Could have been a mesocyclone or maybe a weak twister or even straight line winds. Just another one of the joys of summer. Black clouds showed up here around 7;))pm but not much came out of them.

It was so humid here today I was drenched from head to toe by the time I got home. It was like walking through a ultra humid steambath. doG Damned this weather I can't wait for it to end. Summer can go....
    Last edited by n2ize; 07-14-2014 at 10:17 PM.