Page 90 of 355 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

April showers bring Mayflowers, much to the dismay of the locals who said "Well, there goes the neighborhood."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Conch Master
    Gov of Virginia just took the Oath in a driving rain storm. We had a thunderstorm here. I can't believe they didn't make indoor arrangements for inclement weather. I can see a kid's school choir, VMI honor guard, Army National Guard and a lot of Virginia Politicians coming down with Frog Throat and the flu by Monday.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

58 and raining here feels nice
    [SIGPIC] 73

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    Gov of Virginia just took the Oath in a driving rain storm. We had a thunderstorm here. I can't believe they didn't make indoor arrangements for inclement weather. I can see a kid's school choir, VMI honor guard, Army National Guard and a lot of Virginia Politicians coming down with Frog Throat and the flu by Monday.
    Don't worry, they have Obamacare now.

But what about the frogs? Eh, it's getting better for the time being, warmer and sunny with the occasional rainy day. Still January is our coldest month and the fat lady won't show up for a few months yet. Like me she has a bear cave to hibernate in, only a larger one.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Currently in the low 40s and sunny. Heard geese flying north and there's a spring-like feel to the air. I wonder if things will warm up after the next week?
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Brunswick Ga. A GLORIOUS 61 degrees! Dunno whats its supposed to be nxt week tho

Nope, new polar vortex is on it's way for the USA.
    http://www.theatlanticcities.com/pol...ext-week/8135/

However, during the third and fourth weeks of January, some changes will take place. The high amplitude pattern is forecast to get more extreme. The polar vortex will move farther south and get stronger. The pattern will gradually change the current mixture of Pacific and Arctic air in the Canada Prairies and the North Central U.S. to all Arctic air. The air will get significantly colder over the Canada Prairies and the much of the eastern half of the nation as a result.

If the early forecasts are right the sequel will be even worse, just like at the movies. "Temperatures may get colder than they were during the initial polar vortex event," writes The Houston Chronicle's Alex Sosnowski. These frigid temperatures are not a sure thing just yet. Predicting the weather is not a perfect science, especially when guessing so far away. But we know that Tuesday will be very, very cold, and all of the patterns point towards another Polar Vortex-type deep freeze.
    We still don't know how far south the Vortex will travel. For now, most expect the Vortex to affect the Mid-West and north eastern parts of the country.
    What makes this Polar Vortex sequel even more fun dangerous than the last one is the increased possibility of snowstorms. "This is the most favorable pattern for snow that we’ve had all winter and it’s occurring right at the beginning of the period when snowstorms are most frequent climatologically," says the Post. "But it still is not a perfect pattern." Someone get a pot of boiling water ready.

Looks if that happens we won't be getting any winter this year, just west circulation and more storms...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Banned
    Northwest Arkansas (Ozark-St.Francis National Forest)

Wink Wishing we had more RED States

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Nope, new polar vortex is on it's way for the USA.
    http://www.theatlanticcities.com/pol...ext-week/8135/
    However, during the third and fourth weeks of January, some changes will take place. The high amplitude pattern is forecast to get more extreme. The polar vortex will move farther south and get stronger. The pattern will gradually change the current mixture of Pacific and Arctic air in the Canada Prairies and the North Central U.S. to all Arctic air. The air will get significantly colder over the Canada Prairies and the much of the eastern half of the nation as a result.

If the early forecasts are right the sequel will be even worse, just like at the movies. "Temperatures may get colder than they were during the initial polar vortex event," writes The Houston Chronicle's Alex Sosnowski. .
    Doesn't bother me none. In fact it's good, it will prepp me for my future life in the far north.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.