Page 83 of 353 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

65°F and sunny here at 10:45.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    65°F and sunny here at 10:45.
    11 and sunny with about 9" of snow on the ground at 2:00PM. Tonight we'll be -15 (-13 in the valleys) breaking a record set in 1983. I doubt if the high will reach 2 tomorrow. I'm sure that it's colder up north and in the mid-west but this is frigid for here.

Reminds me of wife #2.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

+ 12.3 C today what came up as a new record high for this day since 240 years... then a storm went over gusting 170 KM/H or over 100 Miles per Hour...
    Rain, hail thunder lightning it had it all...
    Add to that a few small tornado's lifting a few roofs of houses and doing some more damage.
    Luckily my Friesland province in the north missed most of all that "fun".
    Next storm ( no 7 in 7 weeks) is just before the UK coast...
    All europe sporting much too high temps you guy's stole it all, even freaking Lapland is too hot...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

30 and 35 are not normal highs to occur over long periods of time in these here parts. Homes are built to vent out more for the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    + 12.3 C today what came up as a new record high for this day since 240 years... then a storm went over gusting 170 KM/H or over 100 Miles per Hour...
    Rain, hail thunder lightning it had it all...
    Add to that a few small tornado's lifting a few roofs of houses and doing some more damage.
    Luckily my Friesland province in the north missed most of all that "fun".
    Next storm ( no 7 in 7 weeks) is just before the UK coast...
    All europe sporting much too high temps you guy's stole it all, even freaking Lapland is too hot...
    Sounds like you guys are getting an extended version of American style weather. We seem (so far) to be having a cool winter relative to this area of southeast NY. I don;t mind it, in fact I prefer it to hot humid summer or mild springlike crap.I was outside before, it was 10 degrees and I felt comfortable. It might get down to -3 below 0 F tonight and I am more worried about the water pipes freezing than me freezing... In any event I kind of like this cold spell as it will prep me for my future life in the far north.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

The weather is directly from your side of the pond, depressions are pointed to us, gather strength over the relative warm seawater, gather lots of moist and come over us with southern winds that are warm giving us and the UK a deluge or rain and storm.
    Mostly the case if the USA./Canada has a cold spell we get the wet depressions and warm weather in winter...saves on the heating bills though..
    But we have this for months now, i wouldn't mind some winter here myself, but the expectations are we keep this sh*t up to the end of January at least...
    There i am with my winter preparations with kerosene and road salt in plenty supply....;)
    I knew i shouldn't have bought it in bulk...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    The weather is directly from your side of the pond, depressions are pointed to us, gather strength over the relative warm seawater, gather lots of moist and come over us with southern winds that are warm giving us and the UK a deluge or rain and storm.
    Mostly the case if the USA./Canada has a cold spell we get the wet depressions and warm weather in winter...saves on the heating bills though..
    But we have this for months now, i wouldn't mind some winter here myself, but the expectations are we keep this sh*t up to the end of January at least...
    There i am with my winter preparations with kerosene and road salt in plenty supply....;)
    I knew i shouldn't have bought it in bulk...
    Maybe it might have something to do with climate change ? Perhaps it is not as "natural a cycle" as some may claim.

Raphine Va has 11 degrees. Freakin COLD outside. Wunderground said its only supposed to get to 15. Its 938pm and 11. Think itll get to near 0 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by N2NKW View Post
    Raphine Va has 11 degrees. Freakin COLD outside. Wunderground said its only supposed to get to 15. Its 938pm and 11. Think itll get to near 0 tonight.
    To us Yukoner's and Chechakos that is mild.

"I am more worried about the water pipes freezing than me freezing."

Wrapping pipes in freeze prone locations with electric heat tape and covering it with insulation will prevent it. http://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing-...n/N-5yc1vZbuy9 As a stopgap measure leaving the water trickling will help, still water freezes before moving water. Where you're concerned, do what my landlord tells complainers running around in their underwear, put on some clothes.

Now stop complaining about the weather, Alaska residents are excused. I heard one of those Ice Road Truckers say; "When it's -20 it's warm, when it's -40 it's cold, when it's -60 it's G damn cold."
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.