Page 73 of 355 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Well, I DID say it was going to rain and if it gets cold enough Wednesday night this mess will turn to snow. Should be sunny Turkey Day but windy and cold.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Well, I DID say it was going to rain and if it gets cold enough Wednesday night this mess will turn to snow. Should be sunny Turkey Day but windy and cold.
    Sounds good to me. Except I would say "cool" as opposed to "cold". To me "cold" < -20 deg F
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

The local area here will get between 2 to 4" of rain if we're lucky. If we're not, 4"+, followed by snow and ice. A bit slippery coming home tonight, but the temps have been going up since then.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Been raining all day, about 1.5". Humidity very high. Morning low expected to be around 26º. Are people going to stay home?
    When I worked at the kayak plant, one morning it was frozen roads. It wasn't my shift that week but a lot of people didn't make it for their shift. The following pay period, the company prez decided that no one on that shift was being paid, at all.
    So, how does that play out in South Carolina? The SC labor commission informed the prez that he would have to pay them all triple. Even in this state, not paying your employees doesn't stand. That was 2006. Things may have changed since then.

That same storm dumped 2.99" of dihydrogen monoxide here in Marijuana..... and a foot of snow on Mt. Lemmon. Enjoy, Wrong Coast!!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Well....... the crazy weather time of year has arrived....... it's not even an La Nina year and the weatherman has warnings out that arctic front conditions are going to hit us on the coast of British Columbia......they're warning sometime this weekend with very cold,snowy and blowing snow conditions expected.....this, telling us when it's 13 degrees Celsius outside at the moment! Yikes!! .... nothing like experience of extremes in the blink of an eye!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt!

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Well....... the crazy weather time of year has arrived....... it's not even an La Nina year and the weatherman has warnings out that arctic front conditions are going to hit us on the coast of British Columbia......they're warning sometime this weekend with very cold,snowy and blowing snow conditions expected.....this, telling us when it's 13 degrees Celsius outside at the moment! Yikes!! .... nothing like experience of extremes in the blink of an eye!
    I heard something similar for next weekend. I hope this doesn't set up as a cycle that repeats itself over and over. The South really can't handle snow more than once or twice a year. The economy would collapse and they would shut down social services to pay for road maintenance. The business people around here threaten to pull out if the roads are not cleared and that year it stayed very cold for prolonged periods the counties and then the state ran out of money for road clearing and no other crew from other states could help because everyone was getting slammered that year.

The following year they over budgeted for weather but it was warm. Naturally the short of mind and memory complained of waste.

Lots of rain the last day's with some sunny periods, 7 C temps looking like it will become colder next week with later some snow.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Might get a little rain today, then it's going to warm up into the mid-seventies for the next few day. After that, there's a cooling trend predicted—or what passes for one around here. By Wednesday next week, the highs will "only" reach into the high fifties. People will be donning their down parkas and mukluks.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Might get a little rain today, then it's going to warm up into the mid-seventies for the next few day. After that, there's a cooling trend predicted—or what passes for one around here. By Wednesday next week, the highs will "only" reach into the high fifties. People will be donning their down parkas and mukluks.
    Parkas? Mikluks?

I wander about in 20°-30° weather even when windy in a light jacket.The parka comes out for anything below that... I noticed the same thing in Florida though. When it got to 45 parkas sprouted everywhere.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick