Page 5 of 351 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Sunny and clear with 49 degrees. Meanwhile in London:

No where close to that much snow in Canada. Hell the ground is bare here other than a little dusting of snow we got this morning. There was a golf course open here last weekend and 90 guys played on Saturday.

The east coast had snow but we are good in south west Ontario, in fact a lot of Ontario has no snow or is way below normal snow fall average for this time of year.

However the yagis are dancing around in the wind this morning!
    Last edited by VE3FMC; 01-20-2013 at 10:51 AM.

29F with 32% humidity right now.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Tonight might be the coldest night of the year here. 2° and that's not in the mountains where elevation plays a factor and the wind chill will be worse. Weather guy on Channel 7, "Windchills are unbelievable in the Catskills."
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Tonight might be the coldest night of the year here. 2° and that's not in the mountains where elevation plays a factor and the wind chill will be worse. Weather guy on Channel 7, "Windchills are unbelievable in the Catskills."
    Try heading up to the Adirondacks. The Adirondacks blow away the Catskills. Temps -20 to -40 below. I was in Brooklyn yesterday and the cold was intense. The strong crosswinds were pummeling the area with the most severe and bitter cold imaginable.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Banned
    It was -4F here Tuesday morning. Went on a bidness trip to Detroit. Left here at 1:30PM CST in sunshine and by the time we got to the other side of Benton Harbor, it was blizzard conditions. We couldn't see 100 feet ahead in some areas of the road on I-94. It was all lake effect snow. We moved across onto the Indiana Tollway on the way back and avoided Benton Harbor, MI. Sorry HeathKit.

0° this morning in the valley, here it was likely -2°F and about 30 MPH wind (trees swaying a lot but few broken branches).

The temperatures were so low that New Hampshire's Wildcat Mountain ski resort was closed Wednesday and Thursday, The Associated Press reported. Temperatures were already in the negative double digits, but the wind chill reached a numbing 48 below zero, making conditions unsafe.
    You know it's cold when ski resorts close the mountain

Some cold weather music:

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

75 degrees, and dry INSIDE the Workplace right now. Outside, it is in the 60s and threatenning a little light rain. I'll stay inside where it is warm and dry.

My ancestors grew up in the brutal cold of Siberia and the Yukon Territories of Canada. Temps of -40 to -65 or -70 below were not uncommon. I carry this bloodline to this day and have a strong tolerance for bitter cold.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    My ancestors grew up in the brutal cold of Siberia and the Yukon Territories of Canada. Temps of -40 to -65 or -70 below were not uncommon. I carry this bloodline to this day and have a strong tolerance for bitter cold.
    Your ancestors also drank. HOWEVER, that is neither here nor there.

Looks like we will be hit with cold, sleet, freezing rain. You know, the kind of stuff that coats trees and power lines.

More Warm Thoughts (PT.2)

--Philip K. Dick