Page 57 of 353 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Humid 85 F today, from sunday 88+ F nice summer weather ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Lucky you, it hit 98F/36C today and the humididity makes it feel like 117F/42C or in other words, in a bag in a microwave oven... ugh. Sunday is expected to bring cooler Canadian air and more like UK/Netherlands weather.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Lucky you, it hit 98F/36C today and the humididity makes it feel like 117F/42C or in other words, in a bag in a microwave oven... ugh. Sunday is expected to bring cooler Canadian air and more like UK/Netherlands weather.
    @ 8PM we have 89oF/32oC a couple of towns away in the Hudson Valley but the heat index is a whopping 125oF/52oC.

Wouldn't mind some of that Canadian air, but Montreal is sometimes even hotter.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Canadian air?? ....... from where? Certainly not from my part of the country......we've been in the high 20's low 30's degrees Celsius for most of this month of July! We're needing cooler U.S. air!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt!

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Canadian air?? ....... from where? Certainly not from my part of the country......we've been in the high 20's low 30's degrees Celsius for most of this month of July! We're needing cooler U.S. air!
    Gerry, I'll GLADLY send you some Arizona air !!!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

100.000's Germans will invade the country for their annual holliday going to the North Sea coast, the same number of Dutch will set off to France in their cars/campers.
    Temps will go up to 32 to 36 C this week humidity is quite high so i have no idea how high the "feeling" temps will be...

Keeping the house cool till now airing at night forcing colder air in by fans helps a bit.
    Doing the jobs that need to be done in the cooler morning, then sit back and "enjoy" the heat.

Going from 6 months too cold to a full hot summer needs some adjusting, in our tempered sea climate these temps don't happen often.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    100.000's Germans will invade the country for their annual holliday
    What is this thing the Germans have about invading the Netherlands...?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Orca Whisperer
    Lake Erie has hit a record for water temperatures. 78 deg F. Figures since 1867.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Holliday and spending their euro's here, or bringing back the stolen bikes from WW2 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    What is this thing the Germans have about invading the Netherlands...?

Well, maybe not Canadian air but Canada is beginning to get a break as the Arctic front moves through. As of this writing (10:00am Alaska time) Fairbanks is a cool 60F/15C but by the time it gets here Sunday it'll be in the 80s, about 15 degrees cooler than today. Now this guy sits about 8 miles north of here but what the hell is he complaining about sitting in his swimming pool? Check it out, looks like he caught a crab, almost.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.