Page 341 of 351 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Rainy and blustery here again today, and the NWS is saying that it will probably be like this for the most part through next week.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Rainy and mid-60s here.

TOR-Watch box to the south of Ahia.

I'll take this over the -5F and 50MPH winds of Christmas Eve.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

62º and heavy thunderstorm.
    January 3rd. Looking back to 2011 on this day, it was 19º.

Right now 63 F and severe thunderstorms here

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Between late last night and until 10AM we only received about 3.6" of rain. (2.54cm)

Woot! Looks like it’s California’s turn for a bomb cyclone! No snow, though (except up in the mountains, where they’re gonna get several hundred metric shit-tons of it), just high wind and a lot of rain.

Last edited by NQ6U; 01-04-2023 at 08:48 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    62º and heavy thunderstorm.
    January 3rd. Looking back to 2011 on this day, it was 19º.
    10 degrees in Ahia that morning. I rode my motorcycle to work.

It's left as an exercise to the readers to calculate the wind chill at (Ludicrous_Speed)MPH. Heated clothes and a tall shield made it doable.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    10 degrees in Ahia that morning. I rode my motorcycle to work.

It's left as an exercise to the readers to calculate the wind chill at (Ludicrous_Speed)MPH. Heated clothes and a tall shield made it doable.
    That's a lot better than traveling through Central and South America with zero concept of the Spanish language.
    (think Million Dollar Bogan)

Nice day—72°F and single-digit humidity with east/northeast winds blowing at 15kts. Yep, it’s Santa Ana time in SoCal!

Whenever it happens, I always think of this quote from Raymond Chandler:

“There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was one of those hot dry Santa Anas that
    come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin
    itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving
    knife and study their husbands' necks. Anything can happen. You can even get a full glass of beer at a
    cocktail lounge.”

Windy AF all night and continuing this morning: 20-30 kts with gusts to 40. I usually ride my bike to work—it’s only about a kilometer—but I'm thinkin' I may walk to work today because trying to ride my bike through this would be no fun. (Just FYI, I don’t own a car anymore, we use Ella's.)