Page 316 of 351 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Rain, storm but hottest night in 50 years or so 17 C and in the south 19 C through warm air blown to us with the storm.
    Verticals dancing in the wind....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Sunny after all the rain and 2 storks passed, rest of the week calm weather.
    Temps now max 12 C so for the first time pilot lights of the gas heaters are on still not used them 18 to 19 C in the house is warm enough for us.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Well then, 67º today. Sunny with light wind.
    Baro 29.99 Humidity 63%

Monday night we had thunder storms roll through. The old farmer's saying that if you get a thunder storm in January, in 7 to 10 days it will snow.

We shall see but it held true for last year.

Can we talk about the weather? NO! It's colder than a witch's tit and snowing like hell, it won't stop until Wednesday! Oh I'm alright here in my igloo with the heat on, I just don't want to TALK about it... see ya.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Well then, 67º today. Sunny with light wind.
    Baro 29.99 Humidity 63%

Monday night we had thunder storms roll through. The old farmer's saying that if you get a thunder storm in January, in 7 to 10 days it will snow.

We shall see but it held true for last year.
    I'm not sure about that but I started noticing a co-relation to earthquakes on the east coast prior to major hurricanes since hurricane Irene back in 2011
    First licensed October 31, 1994 as No Code Technician
    Upgraded to General in April, 2006 WITH CODE
    Upgraded to EXTRA written on May 12, 2007

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH
    (5 WPM EXTRA AND PROUD OF IT!!!)
    BE PROUD OF YOUR CALL SIGN, YOU EARNED IT!!!

Long ago I noticed a correlation between hurricanes that all had women's names and a certain Amateur callsign. <ducking>

The only correlation between hurricanes and earthquakes in the East may be in Florida, specifically the Okefenokee swamp. The name is a Native American word meaning "quaking ground" because when walked on tufts and floating grass islands it feel like a bowl of Jello. Earthquakes on the right coast do happen, but you have to be close to the epicenter to even notice the strongest ones no more that a Cat 3. Meow meow meow. (;->) They get stronger as you move west, while rare in the Midwest, the Madras Fault has let loose with a couple of doozies, sand guysers and the mighty Mississippi flowing backward.

Now you have me wondering if out Californucation way there may be one between earthquakes and wildfires. There definitely IS a connection between wildfires and the Santa Anna desert winds that dry everything out, blow down wires and arcing ignites the tinder dry grass.

Since the nostalgia thread brought up "ding dong Avon calling" I noticed your ding dong has a correlation between your name as it appears in your URL and my old chicken band handle Stereo. No, not because of my always in evidence multiple alter egos, Crusher, Mysteron, Mousteron (Mysteron tape at double speed) The Slime oozing out of your CB set (from the lyrics of a Frank Zappa song) but because I always had music playing in the background. Sometimes I think we have TOO much in common. ('->)
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 02-02-2021 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

I don't ding dong to sell Avon, I supply the link to my 24/7 online store for anyone that wants to buy and have direct delivery which is so much faster and my active customers get some nice perks from me. And I always loved the "Crusher" story, that was the shit.
    First licensed October 31, 1994 as No Code Technician
    Upgraded to General in April, 2006 WITH CODE
    Upgraded to EXTRA written on May 12, 2007

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH
    (5 WPM EXTRA AND PROUD OF IT!!!)
    BE PROUD OF YOUR CALL SIGN, YOU EARNED IT!!!

WHICH Crusher story? The one where Snuffy in Kenilworth was surrounded by Crushers with crusher transmitters and Paul/Crusher nearly across the street, Jack/Crusher welding with his breath like Godzilla at Thunder Base in Beachwood, or me with Captain Video and locals in Reading, PA chasing us all around instead of going to work? Oh, I know why you don't actually dig dog for Avon.

Doorbell.jpg
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 02-05-2021 at 11:58 AM. Reason: guess which spelling change
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Meh, foot of snow this weekend, blizzard conditions 60 mile per hour wind, -10 to -15 C, I bet that will be fun.
    At least my 4 season tyres get used....
    Out for shopping tomorrow....