Page 303 of 351 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Supposed to bump 32* tonight. Feels chilly @ 23:13L

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Still hot here in southern Georgia-97F high and 74F low and humid.
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

87 degrees in Franklin KY at 18:48 cdt. Hot! Bleh

Central Virginia is currently experiencing a moderately severe drought. I'm SE of Richmond, where it appears to be worse than surrounding areas. The grass has long been dormant, and the trees have lost half of their leaves already. Temperatures tomorrow are predicted to top out at 97°, and 95° on Thursday. No chance of any rain for the next 6 days.

Hot, dry, and windy. Conditions are ripe for fires... hoping and praying for rain soon.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Central Virginia is currently experiencing a moderately severe drought. I'm SE of Richmond, where it appears to be worse than surrounding areas. The grass has long been dormant, and the trees have lost half of their leaves already. Temperatures tomorrow are predicted to top out at 97°, and 95° on Thursday. No chance of any rain for the next 6 days.

Hot, dry, and windy. Conditions are ripe for fires... hoping and praying for rain soon.
    I hope you get rain too. When fires break out in these condition the firefighters get very over extended.
    Not quite as dry here but dry none the less, our grass is also dormant and browning nicely.
    This evening on the way home I drove right down the middle on a rain line on hwy 85. South of the highway was moist. North of the highway was dry and as I started further north at my exit, the smell of hot spit grew stronger.
    96 was the high (36.1ēC).
    Currently it's about 75 (23.9ēC).

Central Ohio hasn't had much rain this summer, but the northern areas saw a couple weeks of flooding.

It's supposed to cool off tomorrow and stay that way for a while. I'll be putting two of my street bikes up for the winter very soon, then transitioning the other two to winter riding mode.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Today: MOTS; More Of The Same.
    [ETA] Looking at a forecasted high of a hunnit on Thursday. (37.78ēC)

We're watching climate change in action, and it is NOT caused by the CO2 stop breathing scam. That out of the way, I haven't seen America this hot and dry since the Northeast drought of 1965. That was an odd one, the Appalachians were a wall that rain couldn't pass over, everything went brown, reservoirs dried up, and we were under a mandatory water conservation order. NYC Mayor Koch (pronounced as it looks) had a wonderful sense of humor, he came up with a nice one, "If it's yellow let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down." Lately NJ dried up, normal temps for this time of year, I'm watching radar showing a large storm from Canada crossing Lake Erie and a smaller one in southern PA headed east, rain in the forecast but as usual it will fizzle by the time it gets here. According to the Blitzortung map there is no lightning in them, but plenty of action around Oklahoma City. You can't blame it on Canada, Shelagh, blame it on Mister Burns. No, this is NOT Photoshoped.

Attachment 16553 Here we go again. proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Today, 54F
    Yesterday, 84F

40 years ago today

Similar temp variations in 1979. It was a warm rainy Oct 3rd, I was in recovery from a motorcycle accident, in a full leg cast. About 2:30 pm, it got really dark, so dark, the street lights turned on, and cars going by were using headlights. Strong thunderstorm came through. Half hour later or so, heard on the news alert that Windsor was hit by a tornado. I called my Dad's house, his wife answers, not knowing what happened, but commented that a really loud storm came through. The tornado touched down a mile up the road.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather/stories/The-1979-Windsor-Locks-Tornado-495105121.html

A week later, I had a tour of the area where it hit, right after the Oct 10 snow storm, few inches, may 5 inches fell. The road was closed except to residents. There was a road that ran parallel to Poquonock Ave, houses were leveled one one side, on the other side of the parallel road, and untouched in between. Theory is that twin tornadoes ran north up Poquonock Ave. A third tornado cut across east to west at Bradley International.
    Last edited by N1LAF; 10-03-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Tornadoes, we're far from Tornado Alley, but we still get tornadoes, Sharknadoes and even a Stonado. Really bad movies aside, I remember seeing three waterspouts on Raritan Bay that hit Staten Island as tornadoes and did considerable damage. Also when I still lived in Union County I heard many reports of possible tornadic activity, damage had to be assessed to determine if it was a tornado, microburst, or straight line winds. After one incident I took a ride in the VXAmobile on a road looking down on a forest and saw evidence of several microbursts. Picture it as a giant dumping a bucket of water, trees laid flat in a circular pattern like Tunguska only smaller. It was more or less a recent discovery that explained why sometimes planes landing in stormy weather slam into the ground like getting hit by a giant fist. Wind shear detectors went up quick ringing airports radioing data back to a central location. I was working at Newark (NJ) International at the time and they produced spurs that I heard on my scanner I had in my lot exit toll booth. I heard them firing off in sequence around me, rising and falling in intensity as signals passed me. The last tornado damage I saw was when I lived in West Creek at the southern end of Ocean County (if anyone cares to follow this on a map, hi). I heard reports of a waterspout on Barnegat Bay moving east that hit Long Beach Island, I took another trip in the VXAmobile. Thankfully it was late getting in local news or I never would have gotten near the place for the gawkers. It took the roof and a wall off a motel and the house next door, then lifted at the road that runs end to end on the island sparing the beachfront houses on the other side.

As for the weather report, nothing unusual, and that rain didn't come just as I said. For what it's worthless, the band Mammatus was named after ass clouds (it figures). Seek shelter immediately, it's raining POO!

10404426_10153274832193322_7549440167976988778_n.jpgMammatus clouds Monclova Mexico.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.