Page 301 of 351 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Last night it was cold.
    Yesterday morning was a little chilly @ speed on the bike...coming home from the Cleveland area. Two weeks prior I got caught in heavy thunderstorms heading in that direction.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

We had the warmest day in June ever in most of the province of BC yesterday with highs in the low to mid 30 degrees Celsius breaking records going back 80 years! ...scary stuff....climate change in action! Ok
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Normal temps for the time of year, 20 to 23 C, luckily we got/get some rain the last weeks, stilla shortage from the drought last year and this year rainfall was lower as normal as well.
    Not complaining so far.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

There's nothing to say about WX per se, typical summer so far for this point on the map, 28C av. day and 19C av. night with the possibility of thunderboomers at any time. Sunny and rainy days can be forecast, but T storms are another matter. Hot humid air bubbles break through the thermocline into the cold upper atmosphere and form "popcorn" storms that wet a few km of turf and evaporate. This cycle takes 5 to 10 minutes, by the time you see one on the radar its gone. Looking at my "Forecastfox" bar at the bottom of the Firefox browser it looks like the folks at InaccuWeather are again playing it safe, every day and night in the 3 day forecast has a T storm icon in it. They've been doing that off and on for weeks and so far I haven't heard a single cannon shot.

The life of a TV weatherman is incredibly easy, 99% of his job is already done for him by a subscription WX service and no matter how wrong or incredibly outlandish the GM won't fire him. I suppose there are times when programming of the Chyron (the graphics machine) is questionable, was that a mistake or a joke?

Bloody Hot.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

We had hella flooding in the area and to my immediate south on Saturday night through last night. Roads closed everywhere...and the popular bike trail I ride has feet of water over it along a few stretches.

The Tuscarawas River (which I can see from my living room) is almost 1/4mi wide at various places along its course. Usually it's a hundred or so feet.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

The usual stuff, some hot days 23 to 30 C then thunderstorms, rain, and temps going back up etc etc.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Cold last week, mainly at night. Hot this week, all day and all night.
    Got me feeling, not so well but the rain is back and the grass is growing like hell.
    Expecting more rain. Hopefully AM showers tomorrow stay in the AM. Got bike night in the evening.

Had a few warm days now thunderstorms again, followed by 30C in the weekend and so on...

Warming up and expecting it to get warmer. Up and down in the 80's and 90's. Hope to avoid another heatwave.
    I just don't need another drop into the 50's if we do get super hot again. These days, this time of year, high 60's feel almost downright cold.

I think we've had maybe one or two weekends of summer. Otherwise a fair amount of rain with temps in the mid 60s. Although the last 2 days have been in the 70s and sunny. Tomorrow more rain and in the 60s arrrgh.
    Stay healthy my friends.