Page 2 of 351 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Since a week some snow on the ground, - 5 to - 15 Celcius and that will hold on for at least 10 days here.
    Some more snow for sunday and monday expected...
    Need summer, urgent ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I have Thunder Snow going on in RVA.
    Not particularly fond of snow.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    That's odd, according to radar with the exception of 3 small patches Mrs. Pee Pee is clear. You'll be out of the woods soon as the storm moves north into Pennsylvania and Ohio a little west of originally predicted. Yesterday warnings were up for the Jersey Shore with several inches predicted tonight while today it was revised to rain and snow with less than half an inch accumulation before 4:00am. Tomorrow partly sunny with a high of 34 warming to 48 on Saturday. Just as well, I hate winter and no matter how I yell the snow just won't get off my lawn.
    I feel the same way about spring and summer. I actually enjoy winter. My ancestors were from Siberia, Alaska and the Yukon territories and I have Bourbaki blood in my veins. I can tolerate extreme cold very well. On the coldest winter days I keep a window open. Even on some of the very coldest days I'll be wearing only a light jacket. Summer however is unbearable for me. Long hot humid summer days are horrific.

I tyhink however most people in general prefer to complain about the weather rather than accept and enjoy it for what it is or at least make the best of it. Southeast New Yorkers are notorious weather complainers. "It's too hot", "It's too cold", "there is too much rain", "there is not enough rain"...
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-17-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Had 14" snow on the ground here for a month. Stayed white the whole time too. Went into the 50s and could see some green patches of grass. Got 3" more one Weds, but most of that melted today. Youse are getting what we got when you didn't.

Snow's not a problem for me. Ice is. Hate it. Fog isn't bad, unless it's bad and I'm driving in it.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Just north of me it's sneuing profusely. Here, not even a rain drop. Rain finally quit but the temp is holding steady at 41, so far. Looking at the animated radar maps, it's like this storm suddenly grew a dick and attacked us with it. Just started curling around from the backside like a hurricane.

We didn't get any sneu but the roads, they is frozen.

The xyl wants to get an early start this morning...you know, so we leave before the roads have time to warm up. :roll:

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Orca Whisperer
    Bitter cold, and snow today... Not much snow. The weather person called it "Annoyance Snow". However, I do believe her and my definition's of "annoyance snow" differs. I am annoyed by snow when I get 18" in an hour. She is annoyed by snow of 1" over 24 hours.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Mid 30s and sunny today; mid 40s and sunny tomorrow. The icebox returneth on Sunday, however.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Banned
    We are to get into the single digits early next week. They were whining about this bitter cold coming up next week but there have been many times it has been sub -10 here. The weather, however next week will be the coldest in over 2 years.