Page 294 of 351 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

In January of '82 I visited friends in (Why not?) Minot, ND for 4 months total. One night as we were enjoying a fermented beverage or 12, the DJ on the radio station said that with the windchill the temp outside was -72*. We glanced at each other and in a 'hold my beer' moment, we bundled up (taking said beer with us) and went out to experience the sensation that is 72 below. Lasted all of about 5 minutes when the novelty wore right the fuck off. Never again, not on purpose; although I've seen my share of down to 30 below out in the midwest trailer trucking in those later years.

There's a reason I moved down to purt near sea level in a coastal region. It wasn't for the shits and grins... and CA just doesn't do it for me in the summer.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Our overnight low tonight is predicted to be -37 °F. Currently it's -18°F. Of course today is the day that my mom decided to schedule a heart attack. I had to bail out of work and run to Eau Claire. Everything is good though, some stints and a little angioplasty and she was sassy as ever. Lot of venison out foraging for food on the way home. I normally keep a winter survival bag with, but I grabbed a spare backpack and loaded some extras for the journey and even included the KX3 and a small 4 season tent. Some of the trip to E.C. from here gets pretty rural. By Sunday they're calling for 45 °F and drizzle. My trip to Madrid can't start soon enough.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    Wow. -25. We warmed up to about -20 in the sun by 11:00 AM.
    Attachment 16101
    WOW!
    May I use your photo and give the location?

Hi guys...

Well, we are -7 at the moment. It's down to -16 east of us. But Lake Michigan keeps things warmer.

We received an alert from the new national cell phone alert system letting us know that Berrien County is basically closed due to cold and blowing snow. They have warned not to drive. Companies are all closed. We've had whiteout conditions for two days.

We received a second alert on the national alert system instructing us to lower our thermostats to 65 until Friday afternoon. Apparently there has been an "incident" at a gas distribution facility.

Here on the lake shore we've had gale force winds. Snow is still coming down in spurts.

I'm staying up until 5am (when the wife gets up) so someone is awake if we lose power or gas.

It's been "fun".
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

--
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

One of my motorcycle buddies (Inuit; native of Anchorage) thinks the negative teens are balmy. Temps at or slightly above freezing are T-shirt weather.

He's currently on the North Slope, keeping polar bears away from the oilfield operations.

I think he's nuts, but he was sweating half to death in mid-80-degree Ohio in July while at a rally. It's all relative, I guess.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Banned
    Sure. It was colder this morning but I was too cold to take another picture.

Banned
    Charles. The qth is my home qth in Oregon Illinois.

BRRRRRRRRRRRR, keep it there will ya?
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    Charles. The qth is my home qth in Oregon Illinois.
    Thank you.