Page 278 of 351 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

What? It won't cut itself?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Like that post was...

Nope, still sprouting the old fashion grass that needs cutting by the owner....

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    What? It won't cut itself?
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

It's blazing hot here. I hate this hot weather I hate summer. Today is supposed to be even hotter than yesterday. I would gladly take dark rainy weather every day for the rest of the summer as long as it would be cool outside. Summer sux.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

It's raining here

Like that post was...

I put up a flat-top antenna for an SWL protege of mine yesterday...during peak afternoon heating.

It was feckin' brutal out.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

For nearly 2 months straight this pattern has held up and has been cramping my style.
    Afternoon thunderstorms that leave behind lingering clouds throughout the night. In the past these things usually came and went. Just dumped their load and cleared out making the night sky viewable. I haven't been able to get a nice clear night for some photographic purposes at all and we're already into JULY!
    This has also been the wettest June on record for the SE afaict. I do remember 2012 being hotter and I recently reviewed the pics I took of my phone saying it was 109. Now I understand this year it is 109 in the NE and MW. Chalk this up as the hottest and wettest June ever.

Today it's supposed to be relatively cool at 86º but we just had a shiftload rain, again, last night and it's moist outside. I mean not only is the ground moist, the air is moist and everything you touch is sticky from moisture.

In related news, I found a shortcut to the Blue Ridge Parkway back in May that includes a pretty dark spot on the light pollution map for the eastern half of the United States.

9th week, same weather forecast, sunny, 25 C to 30 C farmers complaining for their crops drying out...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution