Page 267 of 351 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Same basic seasonal pattern. Humid morning. Sunny and hot. Afternoon pop up showers and thunder showers.

Happy Father's Day to the fur daddies.

Fathers Day and Yesterday has to have been the most miserable weather I have ever experienced. Hot, sunny, and extremely humid. The rule of the day can be summed up in one word...SWEAT. As most of you know I don't like summer or hot weather. The past 2 days took it to a new level of misery,
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Sunny, between 25 to 34 C in the country where i live the coolest ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    How do you change it while underway?

Quickly, very quickly.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

As for the weather in the Rat's region, all I can say is hot. Really hot. 122 F the last two days out here. Should cool off to about 118 or so today. It got so hot yesterday, one of the chickens was on her side and just about dead. Even with cool water with a four pound block of ice in it, water feeders with ice and water in them, and fans moving the air, albeit hot.

We brought her in the house, and I sprayed cool water on her body under the wings, and gave her water via a syringe since she was too weak to drink. I really thought I was going to have to put her down because of the heat stress she was suffering from. She was really huffing and puffing and couldn't hold her head up. A bit later, I was preparing the pistol and went to get her, and she showed a small spark of life she hadn't had earlier. I decided to let her go a little longer since she didn't appear to be in such dire distress. As the day progressed, and with constant intervention, she came around. We we able to put her back in the coop late last night and she seems to be doing fine today.

No pollo asado last night, We had the "other" white meat, which really pissed off the pigs.

Yeah, it's hot here, but you don't have to shovel the heat.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Wow. Time to get out my rat jacket. The overnight low may dip below 99 F soon, and the daytime highs are going to plummet below 115 F.

Rain, not rain. Oh wait, no, yeah, rain, no, wait.

Another steam bath outside today. Summer has barely begun and I already can't wait for it to end. But I'll have to wait for at least 3.5 months of long hot/humid miserable days before things change for the better. I can't wait to leave New York and head up to the far northwest.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Another steam bath outside today. Summer has barely begun and I already can't wait for it to end. But I'll have to wait for at least 3.5 months of long hot/humid miserable days before things change for the better. I can't wait to leave New York and head up to the far northwest.
    Get your papers in order and take a vacation. Maybe go visit Gerry.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Wow. Time to get out my rat jacket. The overnight low may dip below 99 F soon, and the daytime highs are going to plummet below 115 F.
    Zonies put their long johns on when the temps drop below 90°F.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.