Page 265 of 351 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Finally a hot day... 85 sunny.

Spent the morning enjoying time in the pasture with our horse...

... now enjoying air conditioning, pizza, Internet, and of course Amateur Radio....

mehorse.jpg
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

I often have dreams of tornadoes. Some are just mild rotation that never develops into a fully developed cloud to ground tornado while others are well established and intense. In real life we are not particularly bad around here when it comes to tornadoes. I can only remember a couple of < EF1 twisters that touched down briefly a mile or so away and did very little damage except for the usual downed trees, downed wires, etc. The last few seasons have brought surprisingly very little in the way of thunderstorm activity to my immediate area. In fact the absence of thunderstorms round here these past few seasons has been kind of unusual. Seems these days most thunderstorm activity is mostly well to our north. In fact over the past 2 years I've seen more lightning and heard more thunder in the winter than in the spring-summer. Climate change ? Maybe ? maybe not ?
    Last edited by n2ize; 06-11-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Got a little hairy yesterday on the Mississippi on Pool 8. Came out of the lock and dam at Dresbach and as we crossed under the I-90 bridge things got very turbulent. Took a couple big rollers over the front, Pushed me out of the channel and over a wing dam and took out my prop as well. Top gust measured at the airport was 44MPH. Granted it was a little windy to start with, but ramped up to ludicrous level in an instant. You know it was bad when the guy running the lock remembers you a few hours later on your return passage. Luckily I carry some tools and a spare prop. Return trip was smoother.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Now that's some hairy ish.

Good you had a spare prop... rowing that thing looks awkward ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Good you had a spare prop... rowing that thing looks awkward ;)
    I believe in being prepared. Running the Mississippi without a spare gallon of gas, a spare prop and some basic survival supplies is just asking for trouble. Get out on one of the backwaters and even pinging a location off a cellphone gets to be a little tricky. Last one I listened in to they figured out the lost boaters location by when he heard the train vs the searchers.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I see, job well done then ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I carry a spare prop on my boat too—and it’s a sailboat. Never hurts to be prepared.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It was hot hot hot here in 49038.... en62TF

93F- summer has arrived....
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...