Page 264 of 351 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Still raining here. Flooding, sandbagging, lucky so far that we haven't had to do any. Kind of expecting the neighbors to call for mutual aid manpower any time now.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Crazy weather. It was in the mid 90's and almost 100 deg F a few days ago. So hot the air conditioning had to run constantly to maintain about 70 deg indoors. Now today, this morning, it was cool enough that the steam came up for a few minutes. Go figure ?
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Big ole chunk of rain getting ready to come down out of the Northwest. Very unusual.

After one of the coolest,wettest springs we have seen in quite awhile,it has suddenly turned amazingly warm and sunny! It started on the Victoria day long weekend (corresponds to your Memorial day weekend you have in the Untied States) .......we hit 31 degrees Celsius......the warmest Victoria Day in 138 years,since records have been kept around here.In a non El Nino year........interesting
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Big ole chunk of rain getting ready to come down out of the Northwest. Very unusual.
    What are you saying man? Rain is our biggest and best export. Next to grunge music and something to do with microbrews and software.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

April and May saw 4 inches short in rain here.
    Temps 30.6 C yesterday today a balmy 22 C tomorrow 30 -35C ...

Had fun on the ham fair, bought some nice strips LED lighting, 36 LEDs SMD on alu strip, breakable per 3, just put some thermic glue on some alustrip i had ( cooling) and made 5 x 50 cm lighting strips, one uses 12 - 18 volt 300 mA.
    Put one on the shed outside to light the door and ground at the entrance to the backyard, even in the sweltering sun it;s bloody bright white.

Next one will replace the one in the livingroom 2 x 36 LED's for 24/7 lighting the livingroom and kitchen, no need to put on the light if you come down for a glass of water...

Another one for the Hallway, gives enough light as the current one to light up the hallway, and light up the stairs above so again no need to put on the light if you go down in the night for a leak.
    Leaves one spare, just reserve if one conks out.
    Last edited by PA5COR; 05-28-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Stopped at the company terminal in Lenoir City TN this morning. Looks like heavy winds and storms come tgrough last night. Trees down all over the road to the terminal. Spent the night south of Chattanooga and had strong t-storms cone through this morning. I missed all the severe stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    It came down out of the North !! That's good,
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Usually it comes out of the SW after passing over Atlanta after passing over Bob's place. That place where they restore monkeys or something.
    Sometimes it comes from the E or SE if a coastal storm is passing by.
    Sometimes an arm from a Noreaster will make it come from the N ... but it is very rare that we get rain from the direction of NW!

Currently typical seasonal weather. Afternoon pop up thunder showers. Humidity. Temps in the 80's.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is supposed to be 95 and sunny so I'm thinking a day on the boat with the wife and sisterwife is in order.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.