Page 259 of 351 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

A Boy and his Dog always brings to mind Peter and the Wolf.

20º by 8am and next Tuesday we're expecting 78 for a high.
    I need to get my bike out. Been saving my raisins and nuts to have it lowered. Last year I sanded and coated the fairings with spray on rubber. May do that again if they have better looking coatings this year. I want to ditch the pointy nose and go with a couple of big ole bug eye headlights and a windshield and brace that I made. The left lens is made of LEDs on a bulb base that I made after it burned out the incandescent filaments. Hi/Lo tested. After removing the old (pointy) assembly I'll have a couple of extra sockets for more lights to deal with. Be great for a pair of wide beam curb illuminators.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    20º by 8am and next Tuesday we're expecting 78 for a high.
    I need to get my bike out. Been saving my raisins and nuts to have it lowered. Last year I sanded and coated the fairings with spray on rubber. May do that again if they have better looking coatings this year. I want to ditch the pointy nose and go with a couple of big ole bug eye headlights and a windshield and brace that I made. The left lens is made of LEDs on a bulb base that I made after it burned out the incandescent filaments. Hi/Lo tested. After removing the old (pointy) assembly I'll have a couple of extra sockets for more lights to deal with. Be great for a pair of wide beam curb illuminators.

Next thursday or friday we are expecting a chance of some more snow or frozen mix, Also exppecting some frozen mix this saturday,
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Next thursday or friday we are expecting a chance of some more snow or frozen mix, Also exppecting some frozen mix this saturday,
    Frozen mix, yum…

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

We've got a gale warning, lake shore flood warning, high wind advisory, expected 50mph gusts, and up to 8 inches of snow inbound.

This is going to be an interesting evening....
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Sunny and 70°F here.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Torcon rating of 8 this morning. The super heavy rain and tornadoes split around to the North and South of our area and spared us another round after last Tuesday's storms.

Feeling a bit chilly right now at fiddy nine degrees.

Woooo Hoooo.....

It's blowing... we lost power about 3:50 am. Genny took care of that.

Snow is off to the east- warming from the lake is keeping it rain here. But 3 miles inland... they are getting socked.

My UHF/VHF antenna seems fine- I'll have to check the forest for the HF antennas this afternoon.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

40 mph wind gusts with possible 60 mph gusts throughout the day. 50 degrees but it feels like 32.
    Whoever is watering my lawn, that's enough. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Whoever is watering my lawn, that's enough. Thanks.
    Ha! That's how we feel around here. We are something like 15" over for the water year here (October is the rollover). Last year was an over year too. I suppose it's always better than the alternative...

Hunker down Mike and hope the genny is up to the task. (I'm sure it is or you wouldn't have put it there)

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful