Page 257 of 351 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Orca Whisperer
    60 deg F last week. Yesterday? 19.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Another great event is that my snow blower blew an auger drive belt. Since I have to get all my Tuesday m,orning business on Monday I'm going to try and stop at a small auto supply store and see if he might have a replacement belt. Even if its not the same exact size or fit just so long as it will drive the auger so i can use it to plow out the driveway, walk, etc. If not then I'll just hire some kids to shovel the place out and I'll fix the snow thrower for next season... assuming there is a next season.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Yep, saw the weather reports about it, and wondered about it...... it is March...
    We;re here at 53 dgrees North, same as Alaska, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/53rd_parallel_north but the warm Gulfstream keeps us in a relative warm sea climate.
    Enjoy the snow..... brrrrr.
    Though the cutting the grass season here doesn't make me happy either.
    Well, to be honest I much prefer the snow and the cold of winter over the heat and humidity of summer. For me summer is the least comfortable of of all the seasons. The heat, the humidity, the constant sweating, the prevalence of biting insects, etc. My future plans for a move up to Alaska or the Canadian Yukon. Leaving New York City behind won't be easy as it's my home from birth but I think I can manage it. Besides I can always come down this way for a rare visit.

38º now. 24 hours ago it was 68º.

Normal room temperature here is anything between 16 to 18 C in winter, i like it that way.
    Othere keep it between 20 -22C but for me that is much too hot.
    Saves on the heating bill as well.

Summer is fine as long the temps don't go to far over 20 - 22 C, the odd heatwave we have runing up to 35 C is much too ht for me, sea climate makes it humid as well, except if the wind comes over land from Germany, the east.

I don't like winter for the snow, scraping car windows, slippery roads, for the rest there are clothes.
    In summer i stay in the shade, or look for the colder inside, fans etc.
    Though it is a good time to repair/build up new antenna's...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Typical summer here is temps in the 80's and 90's every day with high humidity, Feels like you are drowning in hot water out there,I can't stand it. Also power outages are more frequent during heat spells so you can be without power, no air condiioning, no fans for hours in blazing heat and humidity. The only cool thing about summer are the thunderstorms, which seem to have become rare lately.

We've got a spring snow this morning... about two inches now... but more expected.

Going to be a dangerous drive... looks to be a slippery icy mix.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Luckily we don't do power out's, in the 30 years in this house i had one, lasting all of 1 hour because a power transformer house blew up.
    Once the main cable underground to my house leaked, water came in the cable there was a thud, and the lights dimmed and electric was restored, they replaced the cable next day.

The house is fully isolated, double bricked walls with isolation between the walls, double glazing all around, floor isolation etc.
    That keeps the house relative cool for the first week of a heat wave, if it lasts longer i douse the outside wall in the evening with water a few times, that evaporates the water and the warm brick walls cool off.
    Keeping the sun out of the house as well.

Fans do the rest.
    Sunny, 11.2 C and no wind here, grass already growing, needs a cut this week....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

This is amazing. The east coast is in the grips of the worst blizzard of the season, and we will be pushing 100 degrees in just a few days. Weird
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

We are seeing the front that the east coast is scared of now. It's not terribly heavy here... maybe 2 inches.

I'm in for the day.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...