Page 247 of 351 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    You got San Diego beat: "Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49°F. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. "
    A week ago the low was 18 or something a week ago. A week ago that is. #aweekago

So far this is a pretty crappy winter. Mostly mild with a few cold snaps in between.Actually it was colder in the fall. The other thing is that it seems to be raining constantly. For every 1 clear day we been getting about 5 days of rain.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    So far this is a pretty crappy winter. Mostly mild with a few cold snaps in between.Actually it was colder in the fall. The other thing is that it seems to be raining constantly. For every 1 clear day we been getting about 5 days of rain.
    Feast or famine, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Feast or famine, eh?
    Yeah. I am a cold weather freak.I like cold weather and snow. That;s why I eventually plan to pull up stakes and head to the far north to live. Maybe the Klondike or northern Alaska. I love mountains,snow,and pine trees.

The rain is back. Now the snow and ice will melt.

sigh

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Another series of big storms will hit California with high winds and heavy rain starting late tonight or early tomorrow and continuing for the next six days. This time, the atmospheric river is aimed more at southern California, so things might get exciting down here--the National Weather Service is predicting between 4 and 10 inches of rain in San Diego County, depending on location. Just to put things in perspective, the average annual rainfall in SD is 10 inches.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 01-18-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

At least you're already on a boat.

Actual text from the local office of the National Weather Service's forecast discussion:

A final northerly wave seems to move through Tuesday extending the showers, which might include snow in the high desert. The numbers are ridiculous; total rainfall for the entire period today through Tuesday: 2-5 inches in coast and valleys, 5-10 inches in the mountains with a few spots exceeding 12 inches
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    So, if the tsunami alert goes out, and you're on the boat, what's the plan?
    If your far enough out in the sea your boat will simply ride out the tsunami. In fact you might not even notice it. You can even be swimming and just ride over it. The real problem / danger is when the tsunami reaches the shallower coastal line waters and of course when it hits the shoreline.
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-19-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Ok so we went form "OMFG it's colder than my EX wife" to "honey get my flip flops".

We're just below freezing right now... will go up to 45 this afternoon. This is January in Michigan?
    Couple weeks ago we were well into the subfreezing temperatures with snow. 2 days later it was 65 degrees and I was outside flying one of my radio controlled helicopters wearing just a tee short. Then winter returned for a day and then it warmed up into the mid-upper40's . Looks like it's going to stay mild for at least another week or more.Next winter-like day isn't scheduled till next saturday.