Page 243 of 351 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    You. Are. Shitting. Me.

I suppose they just leave it on automatic and walk away? I doubt you're getting any doors open on that building (I'm assuming this is like the lighthouses on the OR coast - willing to be mistaken) or worse yet, frozen in. That is crazy nuts.
    As a note: No one without a death wish puts a boat in the water after the end of October... all the heavy iron shipping (think 1000 foot ships) stops in the beginning of November.

Nothing goes on the Great Lakes until the second week of March.

http://www.capturewisconsin.com/phot...urce=Pinterest
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Conch Master
    That lighthouse looks like the makings of a Gordon Lightfoot song. We are having an ice storm here on the Albemarle Sound. Just waiting for the power to go out.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    As a note: No one without a death wish puts a boat in the water after the end of October... all the heavy iron shipping (think 1000 foot ships) stops in the beginning of November.

Here's the St. Joseph light sans ice:

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

So, it's just a little dude. Relatively. Like these - Arago & Bandon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

But not this - Yaquina Head
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like that post was...

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post

Yeah, I had forgotten all about that set of facts up there. Stuff we all learned of in grade school way back in the 20th century in the suburbs of Denver. And of course Charles' classic find of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Man, I gotta get a grip.

Like that post was...

The Yaquina Head lighthouse is a dead ringer for the Pigeon Pt. light in the SF Bay Area:

I (barely) remember many a pot-debauched weekend evening there back in my misspent yoot.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 01-07-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

You know what Carl, upon further inspection that pic I put up could inadvertently BE Pigeon Point. Looking at the images it seems Pigeon Point has a red roof while Yaquina Head has a gray roof. WTF!

Do you suppose the same architectural plans were used at both sites? How weird is that? Or maybe the internet is making a fool out of me.

Shitty thing is I was up at Yaquina head on Christmas Day and I can't remember what color the roof is. Maybe the yl has a pic on her phone....

Shit!

EDIT!
    Aw $#@&, I see the differences now. Pigeon Point has that outbuilding that Yaquina Head doesn't. Like I said earlier, I gotta get my shit together. This coffee ain't cutting it.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 01-07-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: I'm a blithering idiot, but you all knew that - right?

Like that post was...

Could be the same plans, also could just be a matter of form following function but they sure do look a lot alike. I believe the Pigeon Point light may be taller, or perhaps it's just that the tower is a bit slimmer.