Page 235 of 351 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Yeah, because you sent it all up north to me! The coast region expects up to 80 mph winds with the 4-5 inches of rain from the leftovers of some typhoon on Thursday afternoon which plays hell with all the trees around here. Nothing like a 60' fir coming crashing through your roof while you're trying to (insert favorite activity here). It's fine; I'll take my chances. That's why I'm typing now, while the power is still on.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Weather is cool and quiet here.

Probably will stay that way for a while.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

It's been cool here and almost cold at night. But next week we are going to see a brief return to summer as temperatures reach into the upper 70's by Wednesday. Guess the fans and air cond will see a bit more action this year. Then after Wednesday the temps drop back down to something more seasonable.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

We are waiting for the arrival of what's left of Typhoon Songda that Environment Canada says we are square in the bullseye for! They are predicting winds of up to 120 Kph but it should be a fast moving storm over by 2 am Sunday dropping over 100 mm of rain by tomorrow morning as well! fun time should be had by all here...... :shock:
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

"Nothing like a 60' fir coming crashing through your roof while you're trying to (insert favorite activity here)."
    Nothing like a 60' fir coming crashing through your roof while you're trying to (do the horizontal bop). The EMTs would have to arrive quickly with extrication tools to get me out before the poor girl chokes to death.

"But next week we are going to see a brief return to summer as temperatures reach into the upper 70's by Wednesday."
    You call that a summer? When we get temperatures in the 90s with humidity to match, now I call THIS a summer. (Sorry Crockamile Funpee.)

"We are waiting for the arrival of what's left of Typhoon Songda that Environment Canada says we are square in the bullseye for!"
    Canada has an environment? Like we say here at the Jersey Shore, batten down the hatches and prepare for a blow. That means close all the windows, secure all loose outdoor objects and pray the power stays on so you don't go buggy staring at the wall by candlelight. Hey, you and the missus can only entertain yourselves for so long before the well runs dry.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    "Nothing like a 60' fir coming crashing through your roof while you're trying to (insert favorite activity here)."
    Nothing like a 60' fir coming crashing through your roof while you're trying to (do the horizontal bop). The EMTs would have to arrive quickly with extrication tools to get me out before the poor girl chokes to death.

"But next week we are going to see a brief return to summer as temperatures reach into the upper 70's by Wednesday."
    You call that a summer? When we get temperatures in the 90s with humidity to match, now I call THIS a summer. (Sorry Crockamile Funpee.)

"We are waiting for the arrival of what's left of Typhoon Songda that Environment Canada says we are square in the bullseye for!"
    Canada has an environment? Like we say here at the Jersey Shore, batten down the hatches and prepare for a blow. That means close all the windows, secure all loose outdoor objects and pray the power stays on so you don't go buggy staring at the wall by candlelight. Hey, you and the missus can only entertain yourselves for so long before the well runs dry.
    Environment Canada is the federal government department that handles our weather forecasting among other things they are responsible for.
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

The heat is back. Just when I thought this crap was finally over we've been humid and around 80 deg for the last 2 days. And this junky weather is going to hang with us for a couple more days before it finally makes it's departure over the weekend and we return to autumn.

Heat here too... Humid as well.

Back to air conditioning.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Environment Canada is the federal government department that handles our weather forecasting among other things they are responsible for.
    And for some reason my weather widget isn't updating the weather conditions for the Yukon Territory (Whitehorse). Maybe Environment Canada's server is down ? Last update I got was a day or two ago.The temperature was in the 20's (Farenheit) and it was snowing.
    Last edited by n2ize; 10-18-2016 at 10:54 PM.