Page 234 of 351 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

About 60 here on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. Sunny. Not too humid.

All in all just fine.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Finally it's cooled down here. And it's going to get cooler near the end of the week. I had about all the summer heat and humidity I could stand. I'm looking forward to this fall and winter. Only depressing thought is one of those 2 clods is going to get elected later this autumn. :(
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

The usual around here for this time of year.....cool, cloudy rain.

Mushroom makin time

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Well........ the Pacific storms are headed this way! Excerpt from the Environment Canada warnings page:

5:22 AM PDT Wednesday 12 October 2016Special weather statement in effect for:

• East Vancouver Island

The first in a series of powerful October storms will approach the BC coast late tonight bringing heavy rains and strong winds. A second storm is expected early Friday while a third will make landfall later on Saturday.

Rainfall will be heavy at times. Total rainfall accumulations from these storms may exceed 200 mm for West and Inland areas of Vancouver Island. Inner coastal regions may exceed 100 mm with even higher amounts near the mountains.

Strong winds will also accompany these storms and at times may exceed 80 km/h over exposed coastal areas.

At this time it looks like each storm will become more intense. Details concerning the precise storm track is expected to become clearer as time progresses and warnings are likely to be issued for multiple regions throughout the next several days.

.......... I heard on the news last night that the third storm hitting us on Saturday night will actually be whats left of an eastern Pacific typhoon that has been embedded in the jet stream to nail us........ this is going to be fun
    Last edited by VE7DCW; 10-12-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Well........ the Pacific storms are headed this way! Excerpt from the Environment Canada warnings page:

5:22 AM PDT Wednesday 12 October 2016Special weather statement in effect for:

• East Vancouver Island

The first in a series of powerful October storms will approach the BC coast late tonight bringing heavy rains and strong winds. A second storm is expected early Friday while a third will make landfall later on Saturday.

Rainfall will be heavy at times. Total rainfall accumulations from these storms may exceed 200 mm for West and Inland areas of Vancouver Island. Inner coastal regions may exceed 100 mm with even higher amounts near the mountains.

Strong winds will also accompany these storms and at times may exceed 80 km/h over exposed coastal areas.

At this time it looks like each storm will become more intense. Details concerning the precise storm track is expected to become clearer as time progresses and warnings are likely to be issued for multiple regions throughout the next several days.

.......... I heard on the news last night that the third storm hitting us on Saturday night will actually be whats left of an eastern Pacific typhoon that has been embedded in the jet stream to nail us........ this is going to be fun
    Reminds me of back in the early 90's when we were getting pounded one nor'easter after another.As one ended another would be on its way. And they all packed a punch, lots of rain and very strong winds.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Yeah, lotsa fun. Glad I'm finishing up tying it all down

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Getting nippy here, 10 C in daytime, cold north eastern wind right from Siberia, 3 to 4 C in the night, i blinked and put the heating on, 15 C in the morning on my naked butt is a bit overdone getting out of bed in the shower...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Forum Addict
    Great weather. Driving doors off for the next few days.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Strange Autumn, trees are just getting yellow/brown leaves, no storms, expecting 17-18 C the weekend, very dry as well, very unusual for here.
    Easterly winds for the last weeks, mostly south west getting moist/rain from the ocean, and storms... no this time till now.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Master Navigator
    It looks like the rainy season has ended. The forecast here reads like the attendance at a hamfest: no showers predicted for at least two weeks. Low 80's during the day and High 50's during the night.