Page 232 of 351 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Got a cold front moving through DFW causing flight delays. Was quite fun driving an empty truck through that mess today

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...ard-dallas.ece

Its never any fun driving an empty truck. Damned crosswinds can play hell with a van trailer. But, you already know that.

I caught the sarcasm in it though. Sorry about your luck. Hope you got to your pick-up ok and in time. Motor safely, driver!

on edit - was that you honking at my pickup truck on I-5 SB (mp 24ish, WA state) last week? Red colored Volvo?
    Last edited by WZ7U; 09-25-2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: curiosity

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Well that one was screwed up. The low was 74.

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    Its never any fun driving an empty truck.
    There was this one memorable trip across Wyoming on I-80…

The truck wasn't empty, but it might as well have been—I was hauling a load of empty aluminum cans that weighed less than 5000 pounds (2300 kg). To you four-wheelers out there, 5000 pounds is akin to nothing on a big rig.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    Its never any fun driving an empty truck. Damned crosswinds can play hell with a van trailer. But, you already know that.

I caught the sarcasm in it though. Sorry about your luck. Hope you got to your pick-up ok and in time. Motor safely, driver!

on edit - was that you honking at my pickup truck on I-5 SB (mp 24ish, WA state) last week? Red colored Volvo?
    Haha no wasn't me. Mines a brand new Freightliner Cascadia. 7k miles on it so far. Been running the southeast and midwest for the last few weeks.

Still in the Dallas area. Annual DOT phys time. Still raining but no bad storms. Calm winds. Fronts gone through. Cold and humid this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    There was this one memorable trip across Wyoming on I-80…

The truck wasn't empty, but it might as well have been—I was hauling a load of empty aluminum cans that weighed less than 5000 pounds (2300 kg). To you four-wheelers out there, 5000 pounds is akin to nothing on a big rig.
    Mine was a load of plastic cups in Kansas. 7200lbs. Thunderstorm in May. Caught a gust that picked my trailer tires off the ground. Almost went over but fought it back down. Was pulling seat cover cloth outta my butt for a week afterward...lol

Quote Originally Posted by AF5TY View Post
    Mine was a load of plastic cups in Kansas. 7200lbs. Thunderstorm in May. Caught a gust that picked my trailer tires off the ground. Almost went over but fought it back down. Was pulling seat cover cloth outta my butt for a week afterward...lol
    Yeah, know that feeling all too well.

On the positive side, I practically flew up Telephone Canyon. I don't think I even took it out of 10th gear.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Conch Master
    Damn hurricane coming up the coast. Hurricane Matthew will get the nation's mind off of politics for a while. My wife thinks it's going to be a Cat 3, she has me filling sandbags to protect our pecan tree on the shore.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Forum Addict
    My mind has been off politics anyway...
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Man, I feel for youze guys over yonder. We get rain, just not all at once

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful