Page 227 of 351 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Hot and humid as heck today. I had to head over to the hood for a bit and by the time I got back I was drenched in sweat from head to toe. I don't want to rush the time but I'll be glad once the summer is over and things start to cool down.
    Same here in Lake Michigan Beach MI.

I went out and worked on my VHF/UHF antennas and came in drenched from head to toe.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Blast furnace and high wind conditions today until 8:30 when a low moisture storm rolled in with great bluster and noise.

It was wicked outside today. Hot and extremely humid. Only place that was comfortable was Da Hood and I don't mean that metaphorically. It overlooks the Hudson and there was a cooling breeze from the vast river. Otherwise it was brutal out there and in the direct sun it was 10X brutal. Supposed to be even more brutal tomorrow and over the next few days.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Forum Addict
    4 mile run today, about all I could manage. I think I may need to take it indoors this week.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Raining now... storms incoming. No lightning, been running a lot of WSPR lately because I don't feel like talking. Will run through the incoming storm.

However, here in our forest, we now have 4 emergency generators on our and our neighbor's property. It's become an observable phenomenon that as the density of emergency generator capacity increases in an area, the proclivity of storms to go around an area increases.

This only relates to fully installed whole-house generators.

The density of emergency generators stored in garages also has the same effect on storms hitting harder.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Banned
    It's been so hot and humid outside this summer I can barely stand it. I've unfortunately had to spend most of it indoors. Kinda glad I'm not having to work in hot transmitter buildings any longer, although some facilities I've worked in were actually air conditioned.

Conch Master
    It is so hot here, the Albemarle Sound is like a sheet of glass. I think I saw a Bald Eagle in the water paddling behind some seagulls.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Yeah it's hot. But it is summer. Actually been kinda pleasant, mostly normal or under normal temperatures around here for the most part. So much so the garden is confused and is way behind in production. Just now throwing in some above normal temperatures, which happened in early June, which helped screw the garden up in the first place.

All in all, the trees are changing and losing leaves early. Been a pleasant summer for the most part but I suspect we will be paying for it soon enough.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

It's been a very pleasant, mild summer here right up until the last couple of days. Currently 101°F in the back yard.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Forum Addict
    Supposed to go back to rain every day tomorrow, so I'll have to ride to work with the doors and roof on again. How boring.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry