Page 226 of 351 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/06/...uator-details/

Gravity waves and the jet stream? Huh?
    Yeah, that's just plain nuts. The amplitude of gravity waves is so minute that it took years of looking before anyone found solid evidence that they even exist.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 06-30-2016 at 06:17 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

A new kind of climate change? Waddya fa-kin HIGH?!?!? According to greenie robotnik Farton Fanney, science fiction writer and futurist on drugs, this looks like Picasso on LSD.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

79 here and clear skies... storms over night.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Hasn't been unusual here. Well, unusual for the new normal. Hot (upper 90s to lower 100s). Dry. Mixed with upper 80s, lower 90s and moist, not wet.
    The afternoon pop ups do seem to be bitchier though. Seeing more hail in these little storms and higher wind speeds. We just had a long stretch of the hots with the drys until just last Sunday. June was starting to feel like early to mid August. Still behind on rain after 3 years of heavy wet conditions. Before that, in 2012 we had a dry, blast furnace Summer.

So far so bad here.I can't wait till summer ends. But at least it's been moderate here compared to many other places. And once again, a surprising lack of local thunderstorms for the 3rd year in a row. Then again we haven't had any high 80's or 90's yet. Hopefully we won't and it will lead us right into winter.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    And once again, a surprising lack of local thunderstorms for the 3rd year in a row.
    You can have some of our thunderstorms!

weather.jpg
    Last edited by XE1/N5AL; 07-06-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Forecast keeps calling for afternoon thunder storms but they're all 50 miles north in the thicker mountains. Winds have been really kicking up, bringing the clouds but no rain. I see the rain clouds but they blow on by.

Forecast for Lemon Grove, CA, USA (-117,32.7) as of 3:33 AM PDT:

Boring, as usual

Thursday: Partly cloudy skies. High around 80F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday Night: Clear early followed by mostly cloudy skies overnight. Low 62F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Friday: Partly cloudy skies. High 81F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Forecast keeps calling for afternoon thunder storms but they're all 50 miles north in the thicker mountains. Winds have been really kicking up, bringing the clouds but no rain. I see the rain clouds but they blow on by.
    That's been the same here. Last week we were under a severe thunderstorm and tornado watch but nothing materialized here. Today there was a call for heavy thunderstorms but it seems they were very isolated, some spots got hit other spots a half mile away nothing.

Hot and humid as heck today. I had to head over to the hood for a bit and by the time I got back I was drenched in sweat from head to toe. I don't want to rush the time but I'll be glad once the summer is over and things start to cool down.