Page 218 of 351 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Some nice rain in the desert today, with more the next couple of days. It brought the "just add water" frogs back to life. And here I thought they had all croaked. Who Gnu?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Conch Master
    The Albemarle Sound is backed up enough that the waters edge has moved well into our backyard. One Pecan tree is threatening to fall because the roots are washing out, but I don't see that as too great a loss. I hate picking up all the nuts anyway.

A bit of rain and wind here today, although nothing like you guys on the right edge of the continent are getting. 0.15" (4mm) of rain over the last 12 hours, maybe 30 mph wind gusts tops.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Well we finally got some much needed rain here over the past few days. And the temperature was more along my style (in the 50's). Seriously we did need the rain here, it was really getting dry out there. Although in the Carolina's they seem to have gotten way too much rain. Fortunately the hurricane mover well out to sea so we were spared for now. But who's to say. Remember Sandy clobbered us at the end of October. So we got to keep our eyes and ears tuned to potential hurricane reports for at least the next couple of weeks.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

We don't normally get this much water off the Atlantic. It is rare. Most of our moisture comes off the Gulf after it has run through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. You can smell the difference in the air.
    Columbia and the coast will get more rain between tonight and tomorrow evening so it isn't over for them. Then consider the pattern of every river in SC. The big lakes are in the NW. They flow into rivers and creeks that all travel SE. They go directly through Columbia on a direct path to just north of Charleston. The rain may end but the rivers will continue to rise.

NC and Virginia may see some more rain through Tuesday. I can't speak to the topography in VA but in the Western North Carolina mountains one would think that flooding wouldn't be an issue and that the water would all run down to the lower areas but there are the rivers to consider. They overflow and spill out on the mountain roads often wiping them out.

Damn, had a hell of a storm go through here a little earlier today. Over an inch of rain in under 20 minutes. Needless to say, most of the driveway is near Gila Bend on its way to Yuma. We need the rain, but get little benefit from a high hard quickie like that. It sure did cool off big time. Kind of reminds me of San Diego, and there are a lot of Arizona assholes on the roads around here, too, just like SD. Who Gnu?

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Damn, had a hell of a storm go through here a little earlier today. Over an inch of rain in under 20 minutes. Needless to say, most of the driveway is near Gila Bend on its way to Yuma. We need the rain, but get little benefit from a high hard quickie like that. It sure did cool off big time. Kind of reminds me of San Diego, and there are a lot of Arizona assholes on the roads around here, too, just like SD. Who Gnu?
    I thought you guys got California assholes on the road out there. No shortage of them, that's for sure.

We ended up with a little over a half-inch (0.55") out of the last storm. Not much, but we'll take what we can get.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

And like us, it looks like you've got some more on the way. Looks like the nunbrellas are getting very pope-ular.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    And like us, it looks like you've got some more on the way. Looks like the nunbrellas are getting very pope-ular.
    Yeah, that's what the NWS is saying and I'm jiggy widdat. It's been hot as hell here lately, new October records every day for the last four days.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-13-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Expecting a gradual daily drop in temp this week through the weekend.

https://www.google.com/search?num=10....0.TalCt0LBM-4